New Year Pow Wow!!!!!!!!

skierdaddy

:wiggle Did not stay up too late last night and woke up to a blizzard and decided to head right over to the mountain. Of course with all the partying, the mountain was quite empty for a while. It was one of those days you dream about for skiing. About 8 inches of fresh snow, it was cold enough at Elk that the snow was pure powder in the morning. All ungroomed fresh pow!!!!!!!! Awesome, what a way to start 08! I'm back home now and can't stop thinking about floating down the mountain. Happy New Year!

Yea, today was one of the best days ive had at elk in a while. Got up for 830 lift, went right over to Susquehanna, which was unbelievable. The best part was that ski patrol dropped the rope on Seneca right as we got there, and let us get first tracks. There were powder shots above the knee to be had, because of the 6 inches that fell sun night it was a little over a foot of freshies, what an awesome run. There were powder stashes and fresh tracks to be had all morning, and a little birdie told me that the Tuscarora was awesome as well ;). With the cold weather this week and the solid base elk now has I would expect a lot more openings this weekend, the whole mountain really could have been open today as it is.