Quick TR for 1/1/8

Ski

Headed over for a couple of quick runs this afternoon. The lot was pretty empty by 3pm and it didn't look like it had been all that busy earlier. Sno got 4 or 5 inches and the slopes look a lot better. Oh, and three employees did a trash run under the Iron Horse yesterday so the place didn't start looking like Blue (eh, sorry Doug, but you Booter guys are pigs)...

Kind of interesting that even by 4pm, not a single person skied the narrow cat track that connects Switch to Spike under the the lift. There was one pass by a snowmobile, but not one ski track all day.

The six or seven inches on Sunday night combined with this morning's snow has left a good starter base for the snowmaking that's about to happen. Ty and I just skied one run each across the upper hill, finishing with a run down the park. I imagine it's not the best Smartstyle, but the coaches let the kids use the ramps as little jumps on an angle. We'll have to remember to tip Nick next Xmas for fixing the sides of the jumps, but she was catching some mini air all the way down.

Oh and I guess with the snow pack you can see the new trail from the light by the hotels. And I was sort of wondering if when they open the newly cut top of Mainline if they plan to move the wall ride...

Anyway, it was a great way to spend a little time on the first...

The plan is to reinforce what we have and to blow on runway anf fasttrack. If all goes well you should see them for the weekend. Depending on how long the cold snap lasts for. We did alot of testing to make sure we make every hour count.

The plan is to reinforce what we have and to blow on runway anf fasttrack. If all goes well you should see them for the weekend. Depending on how long the cold snap lasts for. We did alot of testing to make sure we make every hour count.

Great news--I'm looking forward to those trails being open!

The six or seven inches on Sunday night combined with this morning's snow has left a good starter base for the snowmaking that's about to happen.

That's good news about Sno getting that much snow from that storm. W-B hardly got anything.

Also, the only spots they were blowing snow this morning was NF. <_<

I'm pretty sure that's for the Ziprider, not a ski trail :blink: , but could be wrong.

If i had to guess, i'd say that it is...the name of the trail or cut out or whatever you want to call it is called zip.

If i had to guess, i'd say that it is...the name of the trail or cut out or whatever you want to call it is called zip.

I always try to add "but i could be wrong" in my informative posts even if i'm 99.9% sure the information is correct. That way i don't get ripped for posting information that changes after i hear about it.. :wiggle

Just to be clear, riderossi, I was talking about my lack of brain, not your's or anyone else's. Things have been a little tense around here...

ok...just got home from Sno...

was there last night and tonight and the guns are blazing away all over the mountain...except uper fastrack and runaway

conditions for this weekend will be the best in a loooooong time...maybe years! and I've skied there since year one.

lazy river will be covered by tomorrow with maybe 4-6 FEET of snow.

the baby beginner slope will be open.

all the tables and chairs are on the bar deck.

what slopes that were open tonight (many were closed for snow making) were beautiful

see y'all this weekend....the fleaguy