TR 1/10/08

fleaguy

OK...was up there tonight (Thursday) and beleive it or not....what was open was fantastic! Yes, you read right!...fantastic! But...like I said..."what was open".

1. mainline...jumps have been knocked down and snow spread out over trail...no bare spots...no ice (of course no jumps either!)

2. limited (bunny slope)....plenty of snow...no bare spots

3. spike/spur (terrain park)...awsome amount of snow...rails..rails...rails...table tops...table tops...table tops....fantastic...tons of snow!!!!

4. cannonball....no ice...yes, no ice...no bare spots...plenty of snow...did I say no ice?

5. smoke...no ice...one very small bare spot at very top...lots of loose snow

boomer and white lightening were closed...but it looked in great condition...don't know why they were closed???

the bad news....every other trail needs major snow blowing....I mean MAJOR!

boomer and white lightening were closed...but it looked in great condition...don't know why they were closed???

Likely to save the conditions for when it gets cold again. Skiers/boarders on wet snow packs it down and makes ice when it gets cold. Believe it or not, the ra!n will drain through the snow if it isn't packed down. They can then groom it out. Not powder, but not ice either. I'd rather they close a trail for a day or two to save the conditions for the next week or two. Mad River Glen and Magic closed in VT today for this same reason.

They do need to get those 193 new guns cranking when it gets cold again!

OK...was up there tonight (Thursday) and beleive it or not....what was open was fantastic! Yes, you read right!...fantastic! But...like I said..."what was open".

1. mainline...jumps have been knocked down and snow spread out over trail...no bare spots...no ice (of course no jumps either!)

2. limited (bunny slope)....plenty of snow...no bare spots

3. spike/spur (terrain park)...awsome amount of snow...rails..rails...rails...table tops...table tops...table tops....fantastic...tons of snow!!!!

4. cannonball....no ice...yes, no ice...no bare spots...plenty of snow...did I say no ice?

5. smoke...no ice...one very small bare spot at very top...lots of loose snow

Thanks, flea, great to hear, especially that Cannonball was holding up. I can't imagine why Boomer was shut down, since they hit it so hard during the last cold snap and there's no way it was showing any bare spots. Smoke's upper headwall is usually the first to get muddy. It'll be a dead weekend for any crowds, for sure...

Great TR!

That's pretty good news with only one more day of rain to get through. After the fun I had at Montage two years ago and Sno last weekend, I want them to do well. I can't wait until they start blowing hardcore later this weekend..

Are you going to move up here?

Likely to save the conditions for when it gets cold again.

Yes, for sure. But there are so few skiers/riders, I really didn't think they'd shut down Boomer.