Academy snowboards

RightEmpire

I'm thinking of picking up an Academy this year, it looks like i'll get the Propoganda 147. Has anyone ridden this board or any other Academy? The 08 boards were made in the Elan factory in Austria so they have to be decent. I heard they are "out of business" this year, i'm not sure exactly what that means but thats what the rep told me.

For what it's worth I rode the Otterstrom for awhile and liked it.

Thats good to hear, but I was wondering if anyone rode this years boards because as far as I know they were made in a cheap factory last year and this year they switched over to the Elan factory in Austria. Not sure if this changes anything about the boards or not.

I have an otterstrom and really like it. It seems to have decent flex but still has good pop to it. It has about 60 days on it and its holding up real good so far. As far as this yr's boards go, i don't know about them but i really like my academy from last yr, and if they are supposed to have been improved for this yr, the new boards should be real nice.

Edited by K2rider