bear creek park patrol

snowboarddude

You fall, get theF@@@ off the landing as soon as you fall. The only exceptions are if you have broken something/concussion/shityourself.

And just because your under the lift doesnt mean you should get a snowball thrown at you? that makes no sense. I got hit waiting to hit the big staircase under the quad. If i see that kid again im shoving his pole down his throat

i would prefer if someone shit themselves that they clear the landing asap. bear doesnt need anymore brown spots

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one way to solve the problem is just to make the parks hard to get to I remember bagging on blue for those stairs and all that but it was actually a very good idea; I mean think about it people go through the parks because they resemble any other trail only with jumps and rails make a large mound of snow or something you have to work to get up over and down to get in, then people are less likely to go in. On top of something like that have people actually in the park to get the gapers out; I was talking to a mtn. creek local yesterday and apparently their park crew has instituted a 0 tolerance policy if they catch you in the park (you being a gaper) they cut your pass and take you down.

This is what we need at bear some sort of combination of a deterrent on entering, some signage just putting it right there you come in and don't follow the rules you're out no excuses no arguements, then the last line of defense is the pass cut.

They definitely do need some sort of patrol to keep the goofballs out of the park. Maybe if they expand and/or promote the family park more (maybe throw an instructor in there, kinda like a lifeguard at a pool), it may help prevent a lot of injuries and lawsuits.

i could give 2 shits about"beginners" in the park...if only they could read signs and warnings about smartstyle and features.....as long as they leave landings promptly and avoid features they know they cant do .....PROPS TO BEAR FOR THE SICK FENCE AROUND THE JUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i could give 2 shits about"beginners" in the park...if only they could read signs and warnings about smartstyle and features.....as long as they leave landings promptly and avoid features they know they cant do .....PROPS TO BEAR FOR THE SICK FENCE AROUND THE JUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SICCCCKKKK i just looked at the web cams the fence is going to be a life saver... literally. THNX BEAR. also they changed up black bear set up and its looking nice from the web cams cant wiat to ride it sunday!

for real? but yea they should get park passes but all you need to do is go to the ticket window and ask for one when you go(if you dont have a season pass). I mean its cool to be in there if your trying to learn but the people that don't belong in there wont bother to get it just to do a few runs. right?

Most likely sunday the park is gonna be closed for that Mid-atlantic snowboarding thing

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can only go sunday this weekend and the parks gonna be closed????? is it going to be both parks or just blackbear?

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can only go sunday this weekend and the parks gonna be closed????? is it going to be both parks or just blackbear?

Im almost sure just blackbear. Atleast thats what they did last year

ok thats alot better than both being closed... all the noobs will be forced to ride cascade. but alot of trafic will be taken out because there will be people competing.

Respect Gets Respect

* Respect the terrain and others (Freestyle terrain is for everyone regardless of equipment or ability)

guess it wasnt in caps. i dont remember that being a part of smartstyle though. and i dont agree with snowlerbladers. i get embarassed for them.

Respect Gets Respect

* Respect the terrain and others (Freestyle terrain is for everyone regardless of equipment or ability)

guess it wasnt in caps. i dont remember that being a part of smartstyle though. and i dont agree with snowlerbladers. i get embarassed for them.

i think what they are trying to say is don't make fun or mess with people because they don't have a cool board or skis or they just fell or suck at what ever they are doing. but i think it means if they are following the rest of the smartstyle rules.

Time to break the silence.

Here are the improvements for this year:

1) Separating lower Black Bear from Lower Kodiak to allow more features to be put in that area and eliminate cross traffic

2) Adding an additional pump house with another 4000 gpm capacity, doubling our total pumping capacity to 8000 gpm

3) Doubling the size of the upper pond to accommodate storage requirements for doubled pumping capacity

4) Addition of 20 new automated fan guns

5) Permanent separation between the tubing park and the terrain park set up in the tubing area

6) Additional lighting in the tubing park area of the terrain park

7) New 64 room hotel, spa, outdoor pool and a new bar and grill

8) Dedicated park patrol to educate users on proper use and direct users to parks appropriate for their skill level

9) Increased park crew size with the goal of keeping all our features pristine and enable more frequent changes in the park

10) New Pisten Bully groomer, allowing 2 cats to be dedicated to the park each night

Now, to dispel some myths and confirm some rumors. Yes, the doubled pumping capacity will allow us to run all 120 guns at one time down to a wet-bulb of 23F. This will translate into the ability to open with more terrain and deeper base depths, earlier creation of larger features and faster recover from warm spells.

As for pass prices, we did increase pass prices by roughly 10%, adding roughly

Edited by Mini Zep