anyone out last few days?

rastasquid

hey, just wonderin if anyone has been out lately, just wonderin how things were, i heard most of the mtn has been ice since wednesday??

I was there Thursday from 11:00 - 4:00. Spent most of my time on Whistler and Upper Fast Track. Conditions at the time were good. I saw a few folks playing around in "The Glades" ... Switch was closed (getting ready for the races), and so was Upper Runaway (sp). I grossly misjudged my capabilities and went down Lower Fast Track. I managed to make to the bottom in one piece ... Very icy at the bottom.

That was Thursday. I'm sure the rain on Friday has screwed up everything.

only 20 trails open today? anyone know wuts closed

That was what it said this morning but the site is back up to 24 open (and "packed Powder"- I doubt that). maybe they were closed for grooming? I was considering going up tomorrow but wanted to get an idea of what the conditions were like.

Groomed cord all over the mountain. It's a little crusty and side-slipping boards are crazy noisy. WL was groomed and in good shape. Boomer and Smoke were both excellent today. It was a weird weather day for sure. Forecast temps were 40 with sun, but it was cold and raw, with a breeze at the top. It seemed to hang right at 32 degrees and another couple of degrees would have softened it up perfectly. Long Haul was running and everything but the two new slopes at the top and Easy St were open. There were five bus loads, but almost all of them were on beginner terrain. Last I saw, tomorrow was supposed to be 40 and sunny, too. Who knows. The hill tops all around the valley still have ice coated trees.