Conditions update?

bigdaddyk

I just got back and had a great time in the rain. I normally never ski in the rain but today I'm glad I did. It wasn't raining when I left but as I rode up the access road the fog grew thicker at the higher elevations and the rain started falling. It was a steady rain pretty much the entire time. The snow is a very fast wet granular...really fun to carve. There are a few brown spots but thats it...no bare. The one big one is just before the last headwall on River Shot. There were also a few sketchy areas on Thunderbot in the normal spots (to the right of the lift poles on the headwalls) but nothing major. I saw maybe 30 people the entire time.

It was POURING with loud thunder this morning and I thought it would be ugly but Jack Frost never ceases to amaze me. Conditions are great. Tomoorow maybe different however with the warmup.

Today at JF was definitely not hero snow. The snow today is hard to describe... kinda like an ungroomed, frozen granular / ice. The kind that makes that real loud scrapy sound when you make a turn. As the day wore on it softened a bit and I could edge it ... still not the greatest. But still no bare spots although some icy / thin spots but most importantly...still open.