Monday night trip report (2-11-08)

snoskier

Last night braved the cold and hit the slopes. It was well worth it. Got there about 530 and it was clear that it was going to pretty empty. There were maybe 20 or so cars in the parking lot.

After I booted up I decided to try a run from the top because i wanted to see runway after they made snow last night. On the way up iron horse they were blowing just about every trail. The nastar course was closed and they were hitting it particularly hard. I think they weren't making snow on fasttrack and runway, but other than that every other trail had snowmaking on it. Took a run down fasttrack and it was really nice. I was actually skiing cord which was really suprising given that the mountain had been open all day. They didn't blow that much snow on it but it was nice for carving and very nicely groomed.

After that I pretty much pent the rest of the night either on the north face or warming up (it was pretty cold after all). That said it wasn't bad as long as you had NO exposed skin. They had frostbite warnings posted and it looked like everyone took heed.

They were blowing snow on the whole NF and it was great! It was as close to skiing fresh powder as you can get. Boomer was great. The line under the guns was unreal. White was closed until about 7 because they had the cats on it setting up guns. After they were done I took some runs and it was nice.

By closing there were huge piles of snow under the guns on cannonball and white and boomer were pretty well covered with 3-4 inches of new snow.

I didn't see the top of the mountain first hand but I heard there were big piles too. Today (2-12) should be real nice, esp. If this storm pans out. Looks like presidents weekend should be great the mountain is looking great.

Snoskier

i was there from 10-7, because we didnt have school, and the best run of the day was deffinitly lower runaway, under the guns and on the opposite sides, it was all fresh pow, and there was a perfect pile of powder right on a headwall, so we all took advantage of it and were launchin off that that most of the day.