Snowboard gear review links? Looking for independent testing and reviews of snowboard gear

TT C6

I'm looking for independent testing and reviews on snowboard gear.

I recently broke my Burton P1's and I need to choose new bindings.

I'm trying to decide between the Burton P1's and the CO2's.

Thanks for any help.

I have the CO2s from last year. I never tried P1s but I can compare them to Cartels.

They are light and very responsive. Don't really even realize you are strapped in. Are you looking for a responsive binder? If not, then CO2 is probably not what you want.

If you get a lot of days in per season you might want to do some research on the durability of the highbacks, thats probably the biggest question mark on the binding.

The retail price is kind of steep but if you can find a nice sale price go for it. Luckily I found a nice clearance price so I took them.

Hope that helps

I have the CO2s from last year. I never tried P1s but I can compare them to Cartels.

They are light and very responsive. Don't really even realize you are strapped in. Are you looking for a responsive binder? If not, then CO2 is probably not what you want.

If you get a lot of days in per season you might want to do some research on the durability of the highbacks, thats probably the biggest question mark on the binding.

The retail price is kind of steep but if you can find a nice sale price go for it. Luckily I found a nice clearance price so I took them.

Hope that helps

BIG thanks for the review.

I think Burton has a lifetime warranty on their bindings now.

I will confirm that covers the highback when I talk to them again.

Any negatives for "responsiveness" in your opinion?

I keep hearing that my P1's and other bindings are softer and more "forgiving" with mistakes and that the CO2's might be too stiff.

But, I didn't "feel" the pros or cons when I demo'd stiffer bindings as I recall.

I'm leaning towards the CO2's at this point because they are a new model and I hear the p1's are being phased out.

BIG thanks for the review.

I think Burton has a lifetime warranty on their bindings now.

I will confirm that covers the highback when I talk to them again.

Any negatives for "responsiveness" in your opinion?

I keep hearing that my P1's and other bindings are softer and more "forgiving" with mistakes and that the CO2's might be too stiff.

But, I didn't "feel" the pros or cons when I demo'd stiffer bindings as I recall.

I'm leaning towards the CO2's at this point because they are a new model and I hear the p1's are being phased out.

I guess I should check the warranty. I thought it was lifetime on the baseplate and the other parts were 2 yrs. The pros of a stiffer binding would be quicker edge to edge and better turn control. Cons would be less forgiving on landings. There is definitely a little play with the highbacks and the baseplate has a decent damp pad. I dont think they are stiff as some make them out

to be. The best thing I can say is you dont even realize you are strapped in.