More Binding Advice

nick malozzi

Well I'm about to buy that used Burton Custom from A-B, and I'm going to need to toss some bindings on it. I used to keep track of all the latest in gear and so on, but the last year or so I've been to busy to keep up to date on everything (mainly because I've gotten much more into climbing, and waste too much time reading about the endless gamut of climbing gear). So I'm looking for some recommendations.

My goal here is to demote my Dominant to just the park, and use the Custom for trees/all mountain/etc. I currently have Customs on my Dom, and like them a lot. So I may just end up picking up another pair. However, I wanted to see if anyone had any advice though before I went out and did that.

My biggest pet peeve with bindings is simplicity. I don't want some flashy crazy ass binding with all sort of bells and whistles. The way i look at it, the less screws in the construction the better. That way there are less things to worry about coming loose.

I've got a size 10 boot, prefer toe cup straps, and looking for something bombproof and light. Fire away.

BTW: I'm willing to buy slightly used as well. So if you have anything sitting around that fits the above criteria feel free to let me know.

im on my second pair of romes now, and they are my favorite bindings on the market. The 390's are a little soft for your freeride board, i would look at the targas if i were you. i also used the arsenals for a long time and they are a little stiffer than the 390's, theyre a good all mountain choice if you wanna keep your spending down.