Revolution Tour 08 - Pipe

Ratboy

Nice pictures..serious stoke..How many hits were the competitors getting per run??? Any 900s thrown??

Honestly I'm not sure ... First time using a new camera with a very slow memory card so there was a huge delay between shots. I was concentrating on trying to get the pix so I was looking through the viewfinder the whole time. I know I missed a lot of good shots. Here's some raw video (youtube stuff):

Youtube - Revolution Tour 08 at Sno (Raw)

Wow..those are professionals???? The tricks they were doing looks weak compared to the Superpipe action I see on TV..

That was the practice session for the guys ... I couldn't stay for the rest of the competition ... Like I said, I missed more than I saw. That is only 45 seconds of practice. Doesn't tell the whole story.

Nice pictures..serious stoke..How many hits were the competitors getting per run??? Any 900s thrown??

I heard on the PA from the lift a lot of "front side 900" they were getting out pretty good. they were getting on average of 4-5 hits. Talked to a guy on the lift from dunmore, Spicher?? He really liked the pipe, he said the plans for next year are to add about 100' to it.

I heard on the PA from the lift a lot of "front side 900" they were getting out pretty good. they were getting on average of 4-5 hits. Talked to a guy on the lift from dunmore, Spicher?? He really liked the pipe, he said the plans for next year are to add about 100' to it.

haha That was me on the PA. I announced the event.

Yeah lots of 900's were thrown. The talent at the event today was pretty damn amazing.

Oh and for all the pipe haters.. All the participants were praising the pipe saying how awesome it was. And this is the only east coast stop. And only 22ft stop as well.

I know, Lib, seriously impressed! I could never call an event... I process the information that I see very slowly. Great job!!!

The event looked great--def. room for improvement next year, but Sno did a great job.

ALSO, I LOVED hearing music from both from nastar and the HP!!

Oh and for all the pipe haters.. All the participants were praising the pipe saying how awesome it was. And this is the only east coast stop. And only 22ft stop as well.

That's great news !!! I'm really glad this event is going well.

Oh, yeah ... Nice job calling the event !!!

Parents of a group of competitors from New Hampshire---who looked like they'd just stumbled out of a Grateful Dead concert---rated the food a C and the pipe a B.

The chow's not too bad, it's just expensive. I've had much worse. I'd give the food a B- .

Besides, who goes to ski resort for food?

I heard mainly good things. I guess the competitors were pretty happy about the pipe. Apparently it had good transitions on the flats, something Park City didn't have. But I guess the big slopstyle jump, while "fun" wasn't a good compeition jump b/c it was tough to throw a 720+ off of it.

But, apparently the boarder cross was one of the toughest courses they have done this year. After skiing it today I can understand.

But, apparently the boarder cross was one of the toughest courses they have done this year. After skiing it today I can understand.

They said the Boarder cross blew away coppers and some other stop i forget which one it was.

I'll be announcing slopstyle today. Come over and say Hi!

Yeah the boardercross looked pretty fun! I accidently took my little sister on it--I forgot it was set up!

Ha, I ate it bad right after the corkscrew yesterday and it put someone in the hospital today. It's pretty fun!

Did you see that guy? He was wearing the tackiest faux-fur coat I've ever seen! I felt so bad for his poor child.

I took a pic of him today for my tr I'll do later....

WOW! It's great to hear the positive reports on all the compititions this weekend.

I know the mountain put their neck and reputation out there to get the compitition to come to Sno.

Congratulations to the park crew, snow makers, and everyone else involved.

r e s p e c t