which mt

romemadman

which mt should i go to with my dad and some other people and my friends?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. which mt should i go to with my dad and some other people and my friends?

• hunter( this has ski on / off)
    • elk ( can get it with indoor pool

Hunter is 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. from downtown Manhattan. Hunter has much more terrain and challenge, but is chock full of *ssholes. Picture the train as it pulls out of Yankee stadium toward Queens some hot August night after a loss. Those are the angry, beer soaked people you'll be spending close-quarters time with at Hunta.

Elk is night and day different. Smaller, but decent fall line skiing/boarding. Quiet and out of the way, you might think you've made the wrong turn and are lost in barren farmland.

Hunter has amazing snowmaking, but it all gets skied off by the thousands of Starter Jacket clad jerks by 11am.

Hunter has nightlife; Elk does not. In fact, if you were 21, you could watch chubby drunk chicks strip their tops off on the bar, before barfing and passing out. Of course, the video is always posted on the internet within a day or so...

My humble opinion: Elk any day of the week.

He has such a way with words doesn't he?

It's all true, though. I put in a lot of days there and a lot of nights partying. If Hunter were harder to get to from NYC/LI, then it would be a great place to ski. But it's not. I have 50 bad stories about the place and can't think of one good one.

Elk may be a little over-rated with the superior snow quality thing and since I don't ski CB or Blue regularly anymore to make Elk's lack of crowds a big deal, it's still a great little area.

Choosing between Hunter and Elk is like choosing between clubbing at the China Club in NYC and the old Zadars in New Hope, PA.