Weekend & 3/2 Report

snoskier

The Rev tour & meeting some PASRs were cool, but the highlight of the day was seeing the Moose jamming out to Burning Ring of Fire in the bar. That was a sight!

I already posted a brief TR from 3/1. I had hoped to post pictures but I realized my photo cord is at the office so I will put some up tomorrow. I think I got a lot of good pics, but we'll see.

As is normal for Sunday mornings the mountain was pretty empty. I took a couple NF runs - rattler/cball & boomer and then popped up top. It was about 830 and I was the second person to ski fast track. Untracked cord is always nice the snow this am was perfect. It was a little overcast, but the sun was trying hard to come out. After a couple nice runs I swung into the lodge for a break & a tasty waffle. (recommended)

After a few runs w/ a buddy who also just started to tele I decided to check out the slopestyle. The sun was totally out at this point it was nothing but blue skies. Perfect weather for the competition. I watched the qualifying heats for a while and introduced my self to Librider. It only took 30+ days, but I finally met a PASR. He was pretty busy at the competition so I didnt want to bother him too much. I popped over to the bottom of the nastar course and met ski. Two pasr's in like 5 minutes.., I then cruised down lower runway where ski passed me at about mach 5. Luckily I caught up with him & rode up the chair. I don't know if I can ski faster than him with my alpine skis, but at least i might by able to keep up.

The rest of the day was pretty much more of the same... blue skies, sunshine, great snow & some sweet tricks. From what I heard everyone was pretty happy the competition. I heard a lot of good things about the park and pipe from people in the competition.

Capped off the day at the bar & got my picture taken with Moose!