Vail 3-17 till the 22nd

ColoradoHigh

Chippy where you at???? Keep the updates coming..

I'm at the lodge.

We just got back from the worst restaurant ever. The food was good, but the service was awful. We got the wrong soups, my dad got the wrong entree.

Other then that a great place Vail is.

I'm at the lodge.

We just got back from the worst restaurant ever. The food was good, but the service was awful. We got the wrong soups, my dad got the wrong entree.

Other then that a great place Vail is.

Ah! I hope they comped your drinks or desserts or something to make up for it!!

Is this a father-son trip?

That stinks about the food. Is it still snowing out there?

It stopped snowing for now.

Ah! I hope they comped your drinks or desserts or something to make up for it!!

Is this a father-son trip?

They gave my dad his food for free.

And yeah, its a father-son trip. We do one every year now.

Its 6:45 here in Vail, and its fairly cold.

About to go eat a free buffet breakfast, and then get ready for skiing at 8:30. Trying to catch first chair.

I'll try to check out as much as possible today. I want to do some back bowls, groomed trails, tree runs. Everything.

The first trip report from Vail:

Well, we got out of our hotel and walked to the Vista Bahn lift. It was a cold 17 degrees, and snowing lightly at the top of the mountain. The snow was uber soft as we got off the top of the Vista Bahn lift, and we headed over to the Mountain Top Express Lift, and we did a few runs off that. The snow was absolutely incredible. Fast, soft, and there was powder. about 3-4 inches of the fresh stuff.

So from the Mountain Top Express Lift, we did most of the trials off of it, and like 1 tree run which was of superior quality. No pictures of that though. But the snow on these trails was so soft, and so easy to arc turns. After we got a bit bored with these 10-12 trails, we went to the lift next to it, and did some open face moguls, which were sa-weet. Really soft, and very easy to do. I was going slow, picking out my line, and my dad helped me out with which line to take.

Then we went to the Game Express Lift, which had a little bit of everything. It had moguls, wide open intermediate trails, black diamonds, and tree runs. We did most of the intermediate runs, and the mogul runs. Really fun. The snow all over the mountain is amazing.

Towards the end of the day, I got really tired, and the high altitude really got to me. So we called it a day, and hopefully I will be able to ski the full day. Tomorrow is supposed to snow about 2-4 inches. I will take pictures again, and post them tomorrow night, or when I get home from Vail.

The picture uploader isn't working, so I can't get pictures up yet. When I can, I will most definitely put pictures up.

Edited by Chippy

the picture uploader on this site sucks. use photobucket or upload them to your facebook. both are super easy to use.

I'll use Photobucket. I'll do that tomorrow morning. I'm about to go walk in the village.

Day 2:

We started off by skiing off the Mountain Top lift, for a few times. Then we went to the Sun Down Bowl, and skied down a pretty fun trail. Then we went to the China Bowl, and skied some freshly groomed trails in the China Bowl. We did that for most of the morning, then we went to lunch.

After lunch we went to the Blue Sky Basin for the afternoon. The trails over there are very fun, and a lot of mogul runs. There was this tree skiing run that was really fun, and the trees were spread apart perfectly. Its called Big Rock Park, and it was awesome.

Then after skiing, there was a free concert at around 6:00. It was the Young Dubliners, putting on a concert by the Vail Valley Foundation. It was right out side our hotel, which was cool because the pool deck which is right off of the 2nd floor, looked onto the street, and we had the best seats. Above the crowd, and we saw the whole stage. They are an Irish punk/ska band, and are REALLY good.

Today:

We started right away from the China Bowl, which again, was again spectacular. We did the China Bowl from about 9:00-11:00. We then made our way to Blue Sky Basin, and explored it some more. There were fun tree runs and mogul runs that we haven't tried yesterday. We did BSB and the China Bowl almost all day. The snow was amazing everywhere, and very soft.

As the afternoon got started though, the clouds started to move in, and it was FLAT FLAT light. So we decided to call it a day at around 2:45. It was such a good day. Most fun I had ever skiing.

Can't wait for the Fresh POE tomorrow. 12-16 inches expected. Dumping now.