Season Update

BC-Mark

It's that time again and, as usual, we have had a busy off-season.

This year the major upgrades are the replacement of A-Lift with a new fixed grip quad that will double our uphill capacity, the addition of 16 more snowguns all of which are automated further increasing snowmaking production, doubling the size of the lower pond that adds more stored water to our snowmaking supply and the replacement of the ski patrol building.

In addition, we did fill the in-ground halfpipe. We did this for a couple reasons. First, it takes so long to open that the area is essentially wasted space for 1/2 the season. This way, it can be opened as more park space early in the season. Second, it only takes 10% more snow to build an above ground, all snow pipe. If we see the opportunity to make a huge pile in the forecast, we will take it and put in a snow pipe which will yield better results in the long run. If the opportunity does not arise, we still have great park area to use.

Finally, we have upgraded our scanner technology at all lifts. We will be scanning all passes, everyday, all day. This will ensure that paying guests are getting the most for their investment and keep non paying guests from filling seats on chairs and space on the slopes.

Sounds sick mark, all except the part about the passes, does that mean we need to scan every time going up the lift??? its such a pain in the but to have to scan every time, considering a run up and down the hill takes 10 to 15 minutes tops.

that all sounds real sick. the pass thing makes complete sense to me and i understand why you guys are doing it but like nick said it kinda sucks having it scanned everytime especially b.c alot of us on PASR are there almost everyday. but its a small price to pay to ride a sick place like bear. heres to a siicckkk year!

As long as the scanners are working well, this is a very small inconvenience. Hold your pass out each time and it will take one to two seconds to scan. Four to Eight seconds per chair should not slow things down at all. This is done at so many mountains all over the place and the only time I have ever seen it slow anyone down is when the scanners are not working well.

Instead of fucking with halfpipes, you guys should focus on building a decent quarterpipe. That's what BB did last year, shit was sick

"In addition, we did fill the in-ground halfpipe. We did this for a couple reasons. First, it takes so long to open that the area is essentially wasted space for 1/2 the season. This way, it can be opened as more park space early in the season. Second, it only takes 10% more snow to build an above ground, all snow pipe. If we see the opportunity to make a huge pile in the forecast, we will take it and put in a snow pipe which will yield better results in the long run. If the opportunity does not arise, we still have great park area to use"

they said if the opportunity presented it self. they arent going to blow snow all year trying to make a above ground halfpipe or whatever you would like to call it, they are only going to if they have a lot of snow.

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

"In addition, we did fill the in-ground halfpipe. We did this for a couple reasons. First, it takes so long to open that the area is essentially wasted space for 1/2 the season. This way, it can be opened as more park space early in the season. Second, it only takes 10% more snow to build an above ground, all snow pipe. If we see the opportunity to make a huge pile in the forecast, we will take it and put in a snow pipe which will yield better results in the long run. If the opportunity does not arise, we still have great park area to use"

they said if the opportunity presented it self. they arent going to blow snow all year trying to make a above ground halfpipe or whatever you would like to call it, they are only going to if they have a lot of snow.

Justin said Quarter pipe, not halfpipe. takes JUST A TAD less snow i`d assume... and would be a little more conveniant to make since only one wall of snow is needed rather than 2.

Justin said Quarter pipe, not halfpipe. takes JUST A TAD less snow i`d assume... and would be a little more conveniant to make since only one wall of snow is needed rather than 2.

i know what he said. he also said "instead of fucking with halfpipes" which is the part of the reply i was adressing.

yeh but i think he was talking about them making it out of just pure snow if the instance presented itself...but something that i think would be cool is if they made a short halfpipe that was only like 5 or so feet tall...then but things to stall on the sides...saw this in nixon jib fest like 5 years ago haha it was pretty sick

yeah they wouldnt need to use the lift line fence shit, they have stuff to put there already. BUTTTT creating any pipe would still take alot of snow so lets not get our hopes up. We need too weather and a good base before we worry about taking snow we dont have and putting it into a halfpipe.

• 3 weeks later...

lookin sick.

that i can think of...

-a-frame

-reincarnated rollercoaster

-low fdf or dfd whichever way you would like to look at it

-low flat box/rail... like tha palmer

-hitching post

-remade stand up bench thinger skinnyish wallride

thats all i got.

P.S guys, clean floor ya got there.

oh and the wider flat box.