Which Board?

julz m

hey guys. i was at spectrum today talkin to one of the guys. I narrowed down my board choices to these:

Never Summer Evo-$450

Rome Artifact-$380, 1985-$400

Burton Primo-$380\

right now im leaning towards the NEver Summer board because it comes with a 3 year warranty and has an awesome shape.

I should mention this:

I want a really soft board good for the park but also good all around riding. thats why i like the NS evo becuase it has the rocker for the park but also the normal shape on the outside for better stability at high speed.

Do you know what is available at your local shop? To me I don't see a clear winner among them so I would go by what you can get in your size at your local shop for the best price.

Well i can tell you that the artifact is not good for all around riding. It's a pure rail board. NS makes a solid product, and the Evo is probably one of the stiffest park boards out there. Don't know much about the primo yet.

they are all available at my shop. thats why i chose those! the primo comes with a free lift ticket and more flexy and costs less, but the evo has a 3 year warranty. im really not sure.

don't let that lift ticket sway you in your decision. i'd rather pass on the free lift ticket and get a board that i'm happy with using, then get something not as nice and get a free day on the hill. there is only a 50 dollar difference between the evo and the primo. in all reality that is not a big deal.

also: just took a look at the burton site. the primo is Burton's cheapest park board. That would lead me to believe the true market for this board is a cheap stick to go thrash on rails. The EVO on the other hand is going to take the abuse a lot better, and even if it doesn't you can get a new one within 3 years. I can't comment on the Rome boards because I have never rode one personally, and I actually don't know anyone who does ride them. So in my opinion if you are between the EVO and the Primo, the EVO takes it hands down.

edit: also the Primo's graphics are just straight up lame too.

Edited by nick malozzi