Sno or Camelback?

BCBSNOBBSkier

I can only go to one mountain this year. Should I go to Sno or Camelback? Sno has slow lifts, camelback has fast. Sno has a glade, Camelback does not. Sno has more black and double black Diamond trails. Which mountain do you think has a greater payoff? In your opinion which is a more difficut mountain overall? Sno or camelback? Thanks for any feedback.

Does Camelback have anything that should be rated higher than Blue Square??? They groom everything..

Not getting drawn into this one, thank you.

Back to the original question: Go to sno, no question, there are too many people at Camelback anyway. Sno has more vertical, steeper terrain (though still short) and much lower crowds on weekends.

Does Camelback have anything that should be rated higher than Blue Square??? They groom everything..

Haven't been there in a year, but they usually left one or more the "front four" bump up for 2 weeks at a time. Go on a weekend night and everything will be so schwagged out you won't know it was groomed anyways.

Again haven't been there in a while, but if you can ride the blacks at CB you can ride the blacks anywhere in PA.

Pick which ever one is closer...if they are equal distances and you can get out and ride midweek I'd pick CB, If you are a weekend warrior stick to sno.

Do this, or if you have been to one but not the other, pick the one you haven't been to.

Edited by Glenn

Cliffhanger is shorter than Razors and Challenge..flatter than Razors and Challenge and the Northface at Sno is steeper than anything at Camelback and Blue but really short..

Your chode is 4 inches but mine is 4 1/4 inches. Does it really make a difference? Blue's diamonds are longer but if any steeper it's marginal. Of course if you think that 1/4 inch is the difference maker then... all hail Blue Mountain.

It is pretty cut and dry to me.

If you go midweek, go to Camelback because the lifts are faster and you will get more runs in.

If you go weekends, go to Sno because the crowds at Camelback are an utter killer.

I made the decision to start driving to PA rather than Mountain Creek based on crowds. My drive went from 35 minutes to an hour each way, but I more than make up for that time by getting more runs in and not waiting in lift lines. The difference between Sno and Camelback would be the same on the weekends.

However during the week it is time spent on the lift vs time driving.

If you do a mix of weekend/midweek, get a pass for whichever mountain you have gone to less often in the past. If equal, I would go to Sno simply because the weekend crowds at Camelback are such a turn off.

yea camelback is fun midweek cuz there are so little crowds, the trails are in good shape, and you can just bomb every thing. but if it is on a weekend hands down. i think every one has been saying the same thing

MID-WEEK= Camelback

WEEKEND= Sno

plus if you ride park i'm hearing will is going to completely change cameltoe into a real park.if only they can get real rangers now. also if your a blue local watch out i'm thinking the rangers are gunna hold a grudge for not getting a reality show cuz they are 3times the pain in the ass blue ski patrol is

I've skiied at both Sno (passholder) and Camelback (weekend). Here is my two cents...

Camelback has more terrain (or so it seemed to me) and faster lifts. With that said, it is more crowded. When I was there in March last year, I couldn't believe the poor quality of the snow.

I personally would choose less crowded over crowded w/fast lifts.

I'm very happy as a passholder at Sno. Always open, opened fairly early last year (Dec. 8ish), stayed open til last weekend in March with SUPERIOR snow quality the entire time. Sno blew until the end of the season, so the snow quality was great and not just stuff that had been regroomed a million times (which is what I think I encountered at Camelback though I am no expert).

I live 5 minutes from Sno, so the choice is simple for me.

If I were you, I'd base my choice on which mountain I am closer to and which mountain most of my friends ski/board at.