Snowmaking starts

trtaylor

Daily Conditions

Camelback Mountain Resort is thrilled to announce that it will begin making snow tonight, November 17, 2008. Coupled with one of the more favorable forecasts in recent years, Camelback's newly upgraded snowmaking system will have terrain available this weekend should temperatures hold. This milestone will mark Camelback's earliest opening in its near fifty year history.

Daily Conditions

Camelback Mountain Resort is thrilled to announce that it will begin making snow tonight, November 17, 2008. Coupled with one of the more favorable forecasts in recent years, Camelback's newly upgraded snowmaking system will have terrain available this weekend should temperatures hold. This milestone will mark Camelback's earliest opening in its near fifty year history.

What :huh: am i reading this right. CB is going to start blowing snow tonight and possibly have terrain open this weekend ?????

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that would be something else !!!!!!! :D

They have the snowmaking plans on their condition page, and although it will be November skiing and riding in PA, their strategy is different... The past two years they started with Marc Anthony, Cleo, Honeymoon Lane, Coolmor, and Home Again... However, they used to open Marjie's opening day and would appear to be poised to do so again this year. The layout may be different, but it will allow for beginner terrain and "expert" terrain on opening day. It would appear that the ski school would be open too... I wonder if they can open everything before Christmas like they did four years ago... If they get the mountain open this weekend and expand that trail count to 10 by t-day, I think they will see a decently profitable business unless there is some unexpected NCP...

Yeah, the webcam is showing an impressive amount of snow being made... It would appear to be from a fan gun on Sullivans or Laurel Glade...

Hmm, definately changed views from earlier. Before it was showing one of their standard pole air/water nozzles (that produce a TON of snow). So I really haven't a clue anymore.

If it stays cold and there doesn't appear to be a massive warmup for next week I would bet they stay open... There would be no reason to close down if they can keep up the snow quality... Its great PR for T-Day which I am sure will be a big weekend for them if they make it... Another holiday weekend on the books would be a huge success...