Smokin Snowboards

Luke

Just wanted to share with people on the east coast. I got my Smoking A-team last year (www.smokinsnowboards.com). Quality so far is great and they are hand built in Utah from recyclable materials. Props for an American company trying to make a difference.

Luke

Similarly, I got my Venture Zephyr last year from Silverton, CO. It is easily the best board I've ever ridden. It is also made by hand using sustainably harvested wood in a facility powered entirely by wind.

I can 2nd this. I purchased one of these last year as well (Venture makes all their boards in various widths). It is a great ride and well built.

from recyclable materials.

Uh, not really. Fiberglass is near impossible to recycle so no matter what its made of, the board as a whole can never be recyclable. Though they do use sustainable wood and what not, thats all good, but I really don't think there will ever be recylable snowboards.

I'm interested to know their lineage, is Mervin behind them or did they just license Magne Traction?

Uh, not really. Fiberglass is near impossible to recycle so no matter what its made of, the board as a whole can never be recyclable. Though they do use sustainable wood and what not, thats all good, but I really don't think there will ever be recylable snowboards.

I'm interested to know their lineage, is Mervin behind them or did they just license Magne Traction?

I'm pretty sure they just licensed it, don't think Marvin has anything to do with them. U're right about the fiberglass. The products that can be recyclable on a snowboard are recycled though which is I guess what they mean by using recycled materials.