Jack Frost 12-16 Condition Report

RidgeRacer

Just back from Jack Frost. I pulled into the lot at 10:30 to cloudy skies and a temperature of around 28 degrees. There were maybe 25 cars in the lot....easily less people than yesterday. I got my ticket and headed straight for Thunderbolt. The snow hardened over night and it was groomed out completely on every trail which made for fast frozen cord all over the entire mountain.

After a few laps on Thunderbolt I headed for Challenge and sampled the snow to skiers right in the trees which was a frozen hardpack, easy to keep an edge on but really not all that great. I then headed for Exhibition and a run in the One Park trees and out onto One Park. I decided to check out the west side and made a run on Frosty to Easy Rider. I noticed some tree thinning between Lehigh and Jane's Lane. I don't remember it being that clear there last year...although I could be wrong.

After one run there it was back to Thunderbolt and Dematte's Demise before calling it a day. Overall a nice day with decent conditions but hopefully getting nicer with some snow possible tonight.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer