WOW WOW WOW AWSOME NEW YEARS DAY CONDITIONS

snoskier

Wow - totally great day at the mountain. I just got back from 4 days at killington filled with nothing but rain and bullet proof slopes. I wasn't expecting much at sno today.

I rolled in about 9:45 and saw maybe 30 cars total in the lot. The guns were blazing on the lower half of the mountain and hitting the race course up top. I was expecting more, but it was deserted for the next 2 hours! My buddy was in from NYC so we started C-ball and the snow was really nice and silky. On the lift up saw a total of two tracks down smoke so headed there... guns were running and when I hit the first head wall it was into very nice powder. The fan guns put out high quality snow. Skied Boomer and White next and it was more of the same. Perfect snow on every trail and guns covering your tracks every run. Maybe 6-10 people tops.

We lapped the NF for a while then took a run up top. They were blowing on the race course and had about 7-8 huge piles of snow. Did Whistler to L Runway. guns weren't running so it was just cord.... but fresh cord at 11:30 is nuts. About noon people started arriving and there was a decent crowd in the lodge when we broke for lunch.

Came back latter solo for a night session and the guns were still blazing on the NF and race trail. Boomer and White were like skiing in fresh powder ... my skis were sinking a little in some spots. I have some pics - might post later.

Conditions were powder / packed powder all day and night... and the snow was 10x better than VT (plus about 1000x less crowded).

Great day --- great way to start the new year!!!!

when i left it looked like everything was getting new snow... NF and upper mountain.... If i could make it up tomorrow am I totally would be there.... someone is going to get some great runs in on the NF.

snoskier

wow snoskier.....did you just read my last post in the crappy website thread!? Great TR, glad to hear good stuff from people about Sno. I was going to go up today but I hurt my shoulder in the park on a stupid little rail...plus i didn't wake up till noon, so I took the day off. Hopefully the cold means lots of snow will be made the next couple nights!

sorry about your shoulder --- but you missed a great day today. The conditions were perfect. But that said it was freezing cold ~ 8-15 degrees with wind (until noon) + snow guns...

But ... it might be case of a the blind squirrel finding a nut today... there have been days when it is "packed powder" in the sense that the powder has been "packed" into a sheet of ice....

They could do a lot better on keep things up todate and a little narrative woudl be good too... e.g. this weeks plan is blow on the race course and then u/l fastrack by 1/15.... ect... it would be nice.

snoskier

Highball was opened mid-morning today. Looks like switch(i guess the official name is "race course" on here) is set to open soon. Looks a little bare at the top but maybe they can push some snow around tonight and get it open tomorrow, though i'm not sure how the middle looks. There was definitely some big ol' piles on that trail though.

Yeah they were pushin but I'm not sure there is quite enough snow to fill in some spots, they left it pushed but un groomed, High ball is open and it opened at a perfect time because there were a lot of people up there today and that trail kept them off mainline. (Some)

I Just got home around 4:30 and I'm actually going back up tonight after I get my new iPhone, hey, I could actually do live TR's from the lift. Wouldn't that be nice?

BTW there are rocks in the snow pretty much everywhere so If your good friends with your base... :( brand new skis need some major p-tex already