blue nastar 1/8

mbike-ski

Icy..windy..and cold for the 1st Nastar of the season...I don't know..my times are only ever decent in spring conditions..I don't have much enthusiasm for Nastar..so I'll likely just be lapping Razors, Switchback and Dreamweaver tonight..although maybe I'll do 2 runs?????

razors edge has icy ribbons on it...

fun night with some interesting conditions - hard and sugary but edgable, the start was a chunk of bullett proof ice. i was struggling and couldn't seem to get a groove going, pretty fun though. met johnny style on the first run - good to meet ya - but lost him and we got of sync so didn't really get to ski together. i think he was continuing down chute or midway to the doubledouble - which got stuck for about 20-25 mins. racechick where were ya? after 8:30 close just headed over to the bar for a few (labatt's) to watch the flyers and nt'l chnp game for a few then paid up the monday night race thing on the way out - we're in folks!

fun night with some interesting conditions - hard and sugary but edgable, the start was a chunk of bullett proof ice. i was struggling and couldn't seem to get a groove going, pretty fun though. met johnny style on the first run - good to meet ya - but lost him and we got of sync so didn't really get to ski together. i think he was continuing down chute or midway to the doubledouble - which got stuck for about 20-25 mins. racechick where were ya? after 8:30 close just headed over to the bar for a few (labatt's) to watch the flyers and nt'l chnp game for a few then paid up the monday night race thing on the way out - we're in folks!

Sounds like it was fun! I ended up working a little late and I had 3 pairs of skis to tune for the races this weekend so went home and got started on that...

Sorry Mike but for some reason I was kind of out of it last night and didn't wait for you after my first run. (I was too embarrassed by my time to stick around) I was skiing down to the double doubles. I don't like the Vista lift because it looks like it is going to break down at any moment. Well, yup, you guessed it, I got stuck on the double from 8:10 until 8:45. I had nothing better to do than scream at the top of my lungs how much Blue Mountain sucked for 35 minutes. The worst was when they started putting people on the other lift and they were making fun of us being stuck on our side as they were going up.

Anyway, back to Nastar. 20 years of racing rust + icy conditions + NO course inspection = slow times for Johnny. Mike I hope I didn't let you down for the team as I was only pulling Silvers last night. I was late on every gate. The good news is that I will only get better and I plan to see you at the adult race class on Tuesday. I totally forgot to give you the $30 when I saw you.

I don't know if I will be up on Saturday but I will definitely be up for Sunday's Dawn Patrol. Perhaps we can meet up then? Otherwise, see you on Monday.