Terrain Report

Santa Clauss

I think we should keep this topic going for those random days that may not be worth starting a whole new TR but for quick updates, not saying tonight was not worth a full blown TR. Maybe for quick comment's ya know?

Parking lot was packed by 6:00 pm, I mean really really packed, Like I haven't seen it this packed since like the last holiday weekend day.

Because of my new setup I can't give a great review of the conditions, it was a really big change. Plus there were gapers everywhere and there was a ton of dodging, I find it fun though.

NEW LIGHT at the top of lightning!!! Lightning is great now, pretty much groomed and it was really fun.

When I went down rattler the first time with the new lights I was speechless, a woods trail with bright white lights, Freeken sick. I hope they can do the rest of sidewinder and snake, that would be so awesome...

The mountain is open 100%

warm tomorrow, maybe a little rain on sunday morning and this week does not look too good, but i'm sure they can take an enormous warm up and still be fine.

I was there last night for my first Friday night in a long long time. I forgot just how much more popular that night is over the other nights.

The lodge was packed, not an open table or seat.

The upper mountain was busy, Northface was still without lines (probably thanks to Long Haul being open).

Big park was empty. Little park was an utter ZOO!!! Which makes me go back to what I said in the park thread.... Sno needs more smaller features because they're a million times more popular than the big hits on Spike.

It was soooo packed today, Actually made us go 4 to a chair on the quad, I met some cool people though.

Parking lot was super super slick when I left at 7:00

I didn't see the comp

I'm going to try to be up there by like 9:00 tomorrow but that never works out.

They fixed the light at the top of rattler, I guess the bulb was defective.

I still find it amazing that this business is doing so well while everything else is doing crappy, I bet those investors are glad they took the risk, maybe they'll pump more money into the mountain next year, and hey, if global warming means amazing winters like this than I fucking love global warming.

Went up for few hours today. Conditions were actually good, nice mushy spring conditions, not too wet. Apparently it rained in the morning but it was dry all day while I was there. The snow in the trees is no longer ridable for the most part, but overall things are holding up nicely for sno, they have a good base so I think they will be fine for the next few days of warm weather.

Got there around 9:45 skied for an hour and a half, then rode for a couple hours, park was ok but melting, some features on ML were closed, it was a little too windy on spike when I hit it. met up with squid around 1:00 (I think) and put the ski's back on, I think we left around 4:00, after a long day I was craving a massive amount of calories so I went to BK and tried the angry whopper, it was ok, not that angry...

Smoke was pretty much closed all day, there was a really big race going on so it caused a lot of traffic on boomer and cannonball which left it pretty beat but not too bad, lightning is getting bumped up again.

The lines on phobe were pretty serious today, not like yesterday. all other lifts were good.

Ohh yeah and the zip rider was running yesterday, forgot to mention that.

so I got up there around 8:30, left at 1:00. I actually left the party I was up at like 6:30 because I crashed on the floor, and was like uhhh I'm goin up now.

they blew some snow last night, but heres the thing, it seems like the main headwalls on smoke and boomer were not groomed from the night before, that plus a couple inches of fresh stuf made them beat by 9:30, by 11 they were real rough.

Its really not icy at all today, but tonight will be a different story, I'm gonna try to get up there by 8:30 again tomorrow.

lightning, it seems like the bumps are always so shitty, there is no rhythm at all, needs to be groomed again, cus its like, starts out pretty good then you'll run into a long bump so you have to ride over it and then its like the next bump is like 15ft down the trail so you have to slide sideways like a noob because its a sheet of ice between, real choppy towards the bottom I freeken love that trail when its groomed, bombing it carving deep ahhh nice... does anybody have any ideas why the bumps are always so un organized?

I went up for the fireworks last night, they were good and felt like a pretty long show, it was really weird, I was listening to raw dawg on sirius on the way up and the comedian was bashing on fireworks, like yeah fireworks were great until I was 14 and touched a boob. ahh I'm not here to bash on fireworks because I think its great they put that show on every year, plus the entire like scranton area can watch it too... the torchlight parade is kinda stupid, its like you shut those trails down for that shit? incase nobody else ever saw it, they take like all the ski instructors (Like atleast 50+ppl) and put two road flares on sticks for each person, they all go back and forth one by one like a snake, takes a couple min, they all get to the bottom stick them up in the air and put them out in the snow, lame, and who the hell is darian boyle?

It was strange because the mountain was empty after the show, I stood there and watched for about 3 min and proceeded to the iron horse lift and just watched them on the way up, watched the rest at the top of the mountain

I decided for the rest of the year I'm pretty much gonna stick to board only in the park and took my new ski's to get remounted traditional because I honestly think skiing is more fun when it comes to north face... next year i'll probably get some real park ski's because my new Palmers are "Freeride/Freestyle"

park: good shape on mainline they added the bus stop bench and the small picnic table, there are two table tops now, only complaint, and there's really nothing that can be done about it because of the size of the trail, but it just sucks because if you want to hit the table's you gotta pass up pretty much all the features but the flat rail at the top, but regardless Its in great shape. ohh and the two wedges, 2 little girls were siting right on the landing for 'em I didn't hit the jump but I turned around when I passed them and told them thats a really bad idea, it was like OHHH SHIT BAD, I had to inform them, I was nice though. It would be really great if safety patrol would like really look out for that, someone's gonna get really hurt.

Last night the pipe was ICY I've come to the conclusion that reverse camber boards are not the greatest on the pipe, I can't really get a good bite and when I come down it washes out, I know i've heard that normal camber will still excel in the pipe, but has anybody else noticed this first hand?

It would be really great if ski instructors could keep there damn lessons off the terrain park and half pipe, some ski school lady let like 5 of her kids ride down the deck of the half pipe, these kids were like 5-7 years old, yeah great idea lady...

I saw ski today, I tried to catch up to him to say hi but he's just too damn fast lol j/k he went towards c-ball and i didn't feel like chasing him down. I would really love to know why he stopped posting on pasr, maybe Pappa knows, did he loose a bet or race or something? or maybe did someone blackmail him to the point where he can never post again?

Ok I'm gonna have to admit I'm completely wrong about lightning, I skied with some guy named Jay tonight, he showed me how to do it, (In other words he showed me up) I just followed him and there is decent flow on it its just really tough to find if you don't know what your looking for, and you really have to be super aggressive to get it down. I'm 21 and in decent shape, this guy was older than my dad and freeken killed me!

I have no problem admitting when i'm wrong...

The mountain was pretty beat tonight but I expected it would be like that because of the holiday.

Lightning was pretty awesome today..the bumps seemed to have a better rhythm to them than usual and it was all fresh (packed) powder. Not an ounce of ice between the moguls. My guess as to why the bumps usually are shitty towards the bottom is that's where it starts to get steeper. People make nice small turns up towards the top but once they get to the steeper section they make longer turns (slides) and that doesn't make for good bumps. Just my guess as i said.

Is it just me or is there like only 5 people on PASR that actually go to sno anymore. someone tell me if i'm wasting my time with TR's

well i"m one of the 5, and I say keep writing them! I don't get to get out anymore with my school/work schedule, but its nice to know how conditions are

Ohh yeah BTW PASR is officially banned from work... there's 5 people out of 80 who know how to use a fucking computer you take away the only thing I do there (Ohh ya eBay too), and its not like I go on pasr while i'm working, its during lunch and break! Ohh maybe forum's slow down your 8 year old Dell's

squid you gotta get up there more man! my other friends from where I live have the same problem.

Ohh yeah BTW PASR is officially banned from work... there's 5 people out of 80 who know how to use a fucking computer you take away the only thing I do there (Ohh ya eBay too), and its not like I go on pasr while i'm working, its during lunch and break! Ohh maybe forum's slow down your 8 year old Dell's

I'm in the same boat...it makes the day so much longer.

Is it just me or is there like only 5 people on PASR that actually go to sno anymore. someone tell me if i'm wasting my time with TR's

Dude,

I live for your reports. I was just thinking that the terrain thread was going on to long and aimlessly and we needed to get back to basics. TR's are critical as we move into March. Conditions can change at the drop of the hat.

It can be raining miserable in Philly but snowing in Scranton. We need to know down here what's going on up there.

Keep up the good work. If you ask me, you get this years "ski" award, in honor of a dearly departed poster. Melissa would be runner up. She must be working on a big case, since she started strong, then stopped the TR's

Ha thats funny, I've been talking to ski (Cole) on facebook this week about the whole situation.

I didn't go up last night because this snow we got up here really messed up our roads, I don't think I told you guys I was a Volunteer Firefighter, but anyway, we had a couple accident's and it took me to 7:30 to get home the roads were treacherous... It just wasn't worth going up, I'll defiantly go up tonight, Just waxed the ski's last night, i'll report when I get home.

The information from you and others on Sno helped me and my family (as well as another family I brought with me) try Sno for the first time. We subsequently returned for a second trip this year and we will be back again (if not this year, next year for sure).

So if your goal is to get people to come to Sno, it worked. I have been passing the word as well and I know of a few other families I have convinced to drive the extra 15-45 minutes past where they usually go to get better skiing and less crowds. No one has come back disappointed.

So if your goal is to get people to come to Sno, it worked. I have been passing the word as well and I know of a few other families I have convinced to drive the extra 15-45 minutes past where they usually go to get better skiing and less crowds. No one has come back disappointed.

woah...i hope you haven't passed the limit of telling 5 people a year about Sno. We have to keep those lift lines down the way we like them, got it? :paranoid

Thanks for the positive response, i'll definatly keep up the TR's I just wanted to make sure I wasn't just talking to my self or anything lol

Okay so heres the deal, I met up with my middle aged friends and took a couple runs, Lightning is iced boomber and somke are decent, we went to the parking lot had a few drinks, like I had my handle of yukon jack in the car drank more than I should have, If I were to put it on a scale of 1 being buzzed and 10 being puking I'de be a 4, still... I'm pretty 3 right now and probably shouldn't have even drived home, anyway I'll try to make some points.

GA{ER NIGHT!!! fuck

we went for an adventure on the right side of lightning, pretty XTREME

Like I said Lightning was super icey

they put fencing up for lightning and if you pass it it may look like they closed it, don't fret, its open.

Skiing 4 is much more fun than Snowboarding

Keep up with the 4

umm

No seriously it was fucking fantastic.

we pretty much lapped NF and took a run down upper whatevers and the snow quality was suprizingly a lot better there than main northface

Okay this is a terrible TR and I hope you've been entertained I have to wake up at 5 so GOOD NIGHT