Jack Frost 2-15-09

RidgeRacer

Hey everyone...Just back from a really fun bluebird day at Jack Frost. I got to the Mt at 12pm (I know...I couldn't get there any earlier than that). I ended up parking in lot 10 :blink: Obviously the perfect weather with 33 degree temps and sunny skies on Presidents weekend had something to do with that. The snow was much better and less icy today than yesterday. I made my first run down Exhibition and then skated over through the "Gateway to East Mt." River Shot was groomed out and bump-less unlike yesterday. There was plenty of soft man made snow to carve through there however...although icy in the middle a bit due to the traffic. Floyd's was MUCH better today. The right side of Floyd's was where it was at. There were a lot of people falling down everywhere on East Mt. today.

After a number of runs on East I headed to Challenge to and see what the trees were like. Like yesterday there was good snow in there and bumped up pretty nicely although a bit icy in the troughs (see below). Still the absolute run of the day even though I ate it when hitting ice in one of the troughs on one of my runs through there. There is no way to make it back to the East Mt. lift through the glade there just isn't enough snow further down. I called it a day after a bunch of runs on Challenge. Today was lots of fun and the skiing's pretty good right now. Have fun all.

0215091420-00.jpg