MRV TR 2/22-26

moe ghoul

Left at 7:30AM, checked in at 3, drinking by 4, picked up some new gloves and sox, Sunday sushi at the Hydeaway. Snow is picking up, gonna hit 3" an hour by nitefall, sky's the limit into Monday. Wind is a factor, we'll decide where to ski in the AM. Hope the Pokeys got something.

Quick update, we're back at the Hydeaway Inn, they have a public computer. Yesterday was f'in amazing. Bush North was closed due to high winds and South opened a few lifts later in the day. We got the word that MRG was opening the 2 doubles so we bolted over there by 9:30. The line on Lift 2 was at least an hour wait so we did 7 runs off the little double then spent the rest of the day on the other double. Once the crowds dispersed the wait was under 7 minutes. Snow was coming down steady and everything was nirvana, shin deep and higher. Legs were toast by 3:30, we headed back to Sugar Lodge, hot tubbed and went to the Hydeaway. It was in the weeds so we headed down to John Egan's for dinner and made it back to the room for "24", and passed out.

Today was sick, skied Sugarbush from 8:20 til 3:30, spending the morning on Heaven's gate and the afternoon on Castlerock. Middle earth was magical. Can't post up pix til I get back. Back at the Hydeaway tonite, today was blue skies and sun, mid 20's. 10- 15mph winds. The SNOW IS AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!!! Hucked a coupla 3 footers, I was duly impressed. :) Took one full frontal ejection, and 3 other nice spills today. Had to tighten up the DIN.

Dinner: Last nite: Spicy chix marinara with pepperoni, cherry peppers, linguini and mozz. Pretty damned good. Swithcbacks and a cabernet w/ dinner. Dark & Stormy's back in the room.

Got back last nite after a great wed and thurs session. Truly amazing snow this time around. We met a groomer from Sugarbush (Sean) who told us he'd hook us up with a ride on the groomer the next time we come up there. I'm trying to get some pix downloaded off the Treo but the software is f'in up. I might have to email them to myself and then post em up.