JFBB TR 3 14 09

Barb

Just got back from a fun day at JFBB. Got to frost about 7:45, parking lots were empty. Temp 27 deg. The snow was very sugary but in decent shape for the recent temps. Took some runs down One Park and Exhibition before meeting up w CaptDave @9:30. We headed over to East with the boys in tow. After a few runs the boys wanted to head back to get some advertised free swag they were giving out at the bottom of B lift. It turned out to be some DR pepper and pepsi hats, but free is free and they were happy to get it.

Headed over to boulder after lunch and it was equally empty. I was surprised, no lift lines to speak of even on the green trails. Around 2:30 both kids and their friend had bad falls off the new rail they tried. It was time to head out. Now they are all comparing their battlescars deciding whose is the worst. If they are not too beat up we'll be back tomorrow for the pass party at Frost

I noticed those ridges, too! I'm a left side of Lehigh kinda gal, so I ran into and over those ridges all day. I have to say, the mountain was in much better shape then we expected and we had a blast. It was a gorgeous day and the conditions were interesting all day. The groomers did a great job and we hit the black runs early and then stuck to Jane's Lane, Lehigh and Easy Rider in the afternoon. I knew I'd been reading too many PASR trail reports when I was telling my husband I now know what everyone means when they say the snow was like mashed potatoes or applesauce (or slush!). We rode it all. LOL!

I'm a little sad to say goodbye to JFBB this year, but we renewed our passes and can't wait for next season. I guess since we're done for the year, instead of JADIP, it should say JASIP!