Spring Carnival (3/21) 2 for 1 ticket deal

elkskibum

I know this was mentioned in an other thread, but on this Sat Elk is having their annual Spring Carnival, and because of the theme this year being the start of their 50 celebration, you can buy one ticket and get a second for only 50 cents. To my knowledge this is the first time in a long time Elk is doing something like this, so if anyone wants to take advantage of some good spring skiing on a discount this Saturday would be it.

Also word is that they are going to be open until March 28, however if this weekend is a big success (i.e. money wise) they might try and stay open till April 4th, as long as the snow holds up.

Here is the Carnival schedule: www.elkskier.com/springcarn09.html

Yea I just saw that, I am pretty surprised, they had March 28 pretty much set in stone unless the weather turned bad, guess this week is warm enough, oh well.

So much for my good information, guess being just a race coach doesn't mean you know everything ;)

The mgmt had a meeting today and officially determined that Sunday will be the last day. That's 3/22. I skiied today and the mtn was deteriorating rapidly. The first 2 hours were great Spring Conditions and all but Seneca and Lehigh were open. There were probably fewer than 50 people there. Big slush ponds formed at the lower B lift and at the top as well. The quad lift was in good shape. Today was my 39 day on the slopes and 33 days were spent at Elk. Sad to see it end, but conditions and lack of customers are dictating the end.