off to smuggs

romemadman

Just got back from there this morning. They have some totally awesome gladed runs. The lift lines get really long around noon, so its best to hit up the park, which has its own T-Bar with almost no line.

The park is pretty small, and doesn't have many features, but what they do have is really cool. They have three jumps, first very small, then a good 30 foot jump, then a complete monster of a jump at the end. C-Box, S-Box, Kink Rail, Down Flat, Streetslyle Down and Down Flat Down Rails, and a super easy 3 inch of the ground flat box. They have a nice super pipe and a really messed up quarter pipe (at least when I was there).

The glades around the triple black were awesome, just watch for cliffs and don't kill yourself :P. The biggest downside is that they don't have anything but non-detachable double chairs, but you'll spend so much time picking your way through the glades you probably won't mind it much anyway. Have an awesome time!

I think they've had something like 100 inches of snow in the past month. It should be illegal to post some of the daily pictures they've put on their web site - guys skiing in snow up to their knees.

The lift lines get really, really long around noon because that's when the second round of daily group lessons gets started. Every guest is automatically signed up for group lessons so you're looking at a ton of people needing to get up the mountain at the same time. And for many of these people the only time they ski is during their group lesson. :blink:

We're hoping to try the glades when we're up there this month. My ski instructor said you absolutely must wear a helmet skiing the glades otherwise you get some nasty head cuts/scratches from the branches of the trees.

i have a fun time looking for the triple black. i couldnt find it at all last year.

All you have to do is go to the top of the center mountain and hop on catwalk for a while. Wait 'til you see the signs and go down. Could you not find catwalk when you went last time?

You could ski in the glades without a helmet, but I wouldn't recommend it. A couple people in our group were skiing and riding without them. The chances of smacking your head or something is like 400x greater in dense woods.

me and my freinds r going nutz

they just got 13 inches last night

and and the are goign to get so much snow friday when i am gonig up

and and another one of my friends who is going, a girl, is afarid that our bus is going to crash whe we r driving up in the blizard

i went last year and the didn't have much open but me and my freinds r planning to hit most of the glades

it is just a pain in the ass to get from one peak to the next (all flat trails)

o an dlook at this

srjamiesnow.jpg

Wow that is awsome. The conditions look even better than we were there. Have fun up there, it looks amazing.

Linemavericks: Yeah Blackhole is a couple hundred feet beyond freefall, so that makes sense why you couldn't find it. It must of not been open.

i actually wound up not going

i was so pissed off prob the maddest i ahve even been in my life

i got the flu this weekend and the night before i was supposed to leave i had a 103 fever

i wanted to go so bad but i would have bee so misrable away from home with flu and i prob would have gotten every one else sick too