Starting Snowmaking This Weekend!

HouseMuzik

From the newsletter...

The snowguns are positioned and ready to go and we hope to begin making snow this weekend! Our powerful snowmaking system can produce up to 2.5 feet of fresh powder on the mountain in just 90 hours of snowmaking. That means ski season is just around the corner, so continue to check our website for updates on opening day!

All we need is mother nature to start cooperating...

Their webcame doesnt look too promising. brown splotch's all over the place. Hopefully this weekend.

or a hike park sooner? :yes

Definitely no hike park. Its a huge waste of time for park crew because they could easily open a run or two this weekend.

Hopefully we will see an announcement tomorrow or wednesday about an opening day

Definitely no hike park. Its a huge waste of time for park crew because they could easily open a run or two this weekend.

Hopefully we will see an announcement tomorrow or wednesday about an opening day

i dont know about that. most of the employees ive talked to have said that its iffy even for a hike park. i wouldnt jump to saying "easily"

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Macungie&state=PA&site=PHI&textField1=40.5158&textField2=-75.5543&e=0

I just remember last year we were all gearing up to open pretty much the next day and the wheather took a dump on us, and then they opened a hike park..

Yeah.. i'm not too confident about Bear getting open anytime soon hike part or not. Tonight is kinda depressing.. temps are not dropping like I thought they would so they probably won't be able to get a real good night of snowmaking in. Thursday night looks like the real first solid day of good snowmaking again. Will they open for the weekend like pretty much everybody else? who knows

yeh dont get your hopes up for this weekend because its not gonna happen. They should be able to get some good snowmaking in though so we should def see opening sometime next week!

Anyone know what happened to Mark.. the guy who'd post here and on the mgr's blog? Did he quit or something?

You are not hearing because there is nothing to hear. Nobody knows yet.

It is just too early to tell how much snow will be lost and how much can be made in the

coming weather.

The website says: Stay tuned for updates on opening day!

When they know, you will know. :thumb

You are not hearing because there is nothing to hear. Nobody knows yet.

It is just too early to tell how much snow will be lost and how much can be made in the

coming weather.

That's not my point, nor my question. Mark last year was giving near daily updates on the goings on at BC even 2-3 weeks before opening day. Was just curious if he was still around since he's much more silent this year.

Sorry for the silence, it has been a busy few weeks up here.

The good news is winter has finally arrived at Bear Creek and we are looking at some excellent snowmaking temperatures over the next 5 to 7 days.

We seem to have missed the worst of heavy rains over the last 24 hours and our snow loss was surprisingly minimal. Based on the current forecast and the snow we have on the slopes, we are hoping for an opening between Saturday and Monday.

The opening date will be much more clear after we get through Thursday night

• Like 2