Blue 12.21.09

Justo8484

since doug slacked and apparently did not make it to the mtn today, i'll try and provide some entertainment. drank a bit last night, so we didn't get up to the mountain til about 10:30. saw burma was open so hit that first down to the 6 pack, then took a lap on paradise, which had really nice snow up top from all the blowover from nightmare/dreamweaver's guns. after that, hit lazy and main street a few times to make some turns and scare some turkey tuckers. went inside to grab some lunch, then came back out and spent the rest of the afternoon in come around. saw lots of people fall pretty horribly for dumb things, like not taking enough speed into the barrel bonk and faceplanting onto the landing. the last victim was toast. the video speaks for itself...

http://www.vimeo.com/8324972

we took a few more laps after that and called it a day.

i had to get back down to philly since i've got to go back to work tomorrow, but i still didn't get my ski fix for the day, so i drove around for a few minutes looking for the best spot, and ended up parking in a development off bell's mill road in wissahickon park. threw on my boots, mounted my bike light to my helmet, and hiked for some turns. definitely not 2 feet, but plenty of snow to cover most everything on the ground that could destroy skis. having a few inches of leaves under it all didn't hurt either. only skied in the wiss for about 45 minutes, but it was pretty fun skiing in philly. i wish i had a better light so the video would have turned out a little bit better. if i'm feeling motivated, i might try and head out for a few before work tomorrow morning.

http://www.vimeo.com/8324762

edit: why does embedding media not work?

Edited by Justo8484
  • Like 3

ps- the tree that i picked up at the end is the tree that i mucked the shit out of after catching my edge. only damage done was to the poor trees. i'll plant a new one in honor of the one i killed.

As a buddy and I were making our last few runs around 9:30pm the guns on sidewinder park were producing that white shit they call snow. :)

thank the lord. we were talking to miller about it today. about time it gets done.