Here is another option for next weekend

Papasteeze

Bah screw you Shawnee... They closed the park today. And I was really looking forward to hitting up some of the cool boxes and rails they have there. (Especally the C and Rainbox boxes...) Guess We'll have to head to Vermont for some park action. (and awesome skiing too)

Shawnee just closed for the season.  It was sure nice of them to say they were staying open till at least April 3 and then close suddenly.  I had plans to go and now I can't shred this weekend.  You can be sure I won't buying a ticket there EVER.

That freakin sucks!! I hope Elk doesn't do the same.. I hate to say it..... but .... :banghead

Wow... Nice job Shawnee. I mean, I know its suppose to rain hardcore this weekend but still, it would have been nice to even say on their website "We're sorry, but due to horrible weekend conditions Shawnee will not be able to stay open until the 3rd as planned. Again were sorry for these unfortunate circumstances. Thank you for a great year of skiing and we'll see you next year!" or some crap like that.

Now my whole weekend is shot. Blargh.

Edited by lurker

Haha, I had just written "Now my whole weekend is F'ed in the A", but I edited it because I thought it might be a little too graphic, then you said it for me :D.

I had the same basic plans as you Gurp, it woulda been fun to meet up.

Edited by lurker

It's a weather dependent sport. They stayed open longer than anyone else in the vicinity. I really don't know why everyone is so mad at them. It really didn't seem like it was a money thing. It legitamitely is going to be a crappy weekend, and its been warm all week. You can't ski on mud.

It's a weather dependent sport. They stayed open longer than anyone else in the vicinity. I really don't know why everyone is so mad at them. It really didn't seem like it was a money thing. It legitamitely is going to be a crappy weekend, and its been warm all week. You can't ski on mud.

1) who even skis on weekdays without night skiing?

2) i heard somehing about snow flurries sunday

1) who even skis on weekdays without night skiing?

2) i heard somehing about snow flurries sunday

1. This isn't an issue about nights sking, but if it was more people are at the mountain midweek during the day than at night, I know because I've been to both. Most people leave around 6.

2. Flurries are fine for the surface conditions but after a day with 3+ inches of rain, the flurries aren't going to make a difference.