TR 1/26/10 mmm sugarrr

DiMe

I thought I'd post a TR since GSS wanted to know how the Camel was today. Conditions were buttery goodness carveable hard pack with some nice sugar on top. I pulled up to the Stevenson at 12:20 had a quick safety meeting put my head phones in and walked down the hill to the lift. No one to be seen so I strap in and kick up to the lift only to be stopped by the lifty who told me I can not ride alone! He then went on to explain that due to high winds his boss wants no singles to ride the lift because they may be blown out due to lack of weight. I laughed and joked about it but didn't mind. A dirty south jersey steezer came flying up next to me and we hopped on the Stevenson together to brave the dreaded winds. DSJS started telling me about how he is glad he drove the extra few miles to the Camel instead of Blue the true because he prefers all the options the Camel has to over such as the various ways you can cross over from the Sullivan to the Stevenson for nice long mellow runs. Than we got to talking about Stowe as we arrived at the highest ski lift accessible point on Camelback mountain. The last things DSJS said to me was how scared he was on every run at Stowe but loved every second of it and he'll take my advice to go up late season for spring conditions. I decided to head over to the Sullivan side and see what lift loading procedures they were following. I hit up Maries, Hump & Big Pocono which were all great carveable hard pack with a nice layer of sugar on top. I then went over to rocket which was poorly groomed with random ruts and some death cookies but not to bad. I lapped marc and cleo a few times before heading back over to the Stevenson to play meet and greet on the lift. To my surprise Cliffhanger was now open with the same great conditions as marjies and hump. I did a bunch of random crossover runs and ended the day with a few runs through a completely empty park. Left at 2:30 JADIP

Some pics of the elusive Camels Hump

post-1078-126453768479_thumb.jpg

post-1078-12645376875_thumb.jpg

post-1078-126453768943_thumb.jpg

post-1078-126453763939_thumb.jpg

Looking at Cliffhanger from the Nile before it was opened. Tubey land in the distance.

post-1078-12645376925_thumb.jpg

Top of the Nile

post-1078-126453769564_thumb.jpg

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I'm headin up...too bad you left. Good TR

I'm out every weekday gonna switch back to mornings and early afternoons now that winter is finally back ^_^ You normally go up at night on weekdays? I'll catch up with ya one of these days.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I'm out every weekday gonna switch back to mornings and early afternoons now that winter is finally back ^_^ You normally go up at night on weekdays? I'll catch up with ya one of these days.

Got home too late to go today dammmmmnit....but yea man I only go weekday nights...usually tues/wed/thurs.

Edited by setagehtta