Risky going to CB tomorrow in the snow? How much you want to bet they close the HS Lifts

setagehtta

I want to make the trip to CB for a powder day tomorrow, but with snow forecasted I'm thinking the Sullivan and Stevenson will be shut down because of (drumroll please) snow... They close the lifts for any stupid reason and not being able to ride the mountain in a snowstorm would be f^ckin' stupid.

What do ya'll think? :confused

I want to make the trip to CB for a powder day tomorrow, but with snow forecasted I'm thinking the Sullivan and Stevenson will be shut down because of (drumroll please) snow... They close the lifts for any stupid reason and not being able to ride the mountain in a snowstorm would be f^ckin' stupid.

What do ya'll think? :confused

I think that since you have a problem with CBK lifts that you should go to another ski area and stay there! I heard Blue Mountain is a good place for complainers!

• Like 1

I think that since you have a problem with CBK lifts that you should go to another ski area and stay there! I heard Blue Mountain is a good place for complainers!

:lol

Even with my incessant ranting, I still feel CB is the best around. Like I said in another thread, it's really close to me and with no lines you can lap that place like no other. And don't tell me you wouldn't have a problem if you drove in dangerous weather to get to a SKI RESORT to find out that the main lifts aren't running. The winds aren't supposed to be that bad anymore and schools have off. I guess I'll see what the weather brings tomorrow in the am.

Edit: Oh yeah Steeze, this is my 97th post total...how many do you have? Oh yeah, over 20 THOUSAND :nana

Edited by setagehtta

If it's actually snowing and they have some kind of winter storm warning, I would bet on the quads being closed and pretty much the only lift running will be the slow double beside the sullivan. Many times over the last few years I have rushed up there in a snow "storm" only to be completely depressed by the sight of all the quad chairs stacked up in the base.

Sad, but true, if you want the chance to actually ride / ski while the snow is still hammering down then find somewhere else.

And I'm not a CB hater, I was a season pass holder for 5 years and realy enjoyed my time there.

Edited by Timeless

There is forceasted 56 mph gusts for Camelback tomorrow, this will close the quads for sure until they get an hour or two without a gust. If you go expect to be riding the Bailey.

I will be at Blue where supposedly they keep the high speeds running during Tornados even!

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

Camelback is 100% open and currently running the Sullivan and Stevenson. If the wind does pick up and we get gusts that are above the operating limits we will shut them down. We adhere strictly to the safety guidelines set forth by our people and the manufacturer. We would love nothing more that to run the quads non-stop, but the safety of our guests is at the forefront of our minds. We would rather have you complain at us ALL THE TIME, than put anyone that comes and visits us in danger. Enjoy the fresh snow everyone.

Ross

post-2846-126581469075_thumb.jpg

post-2846-126581469511_thumb.jpg

post-2846-126581470706_thumb.jpg

post-2846-126581472618_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rossboy14

Camelback is 100% open and currently running the Sullivan and Stevenson. If the wind does pick up and we get gusts that are above the operating limits we will shut them down. We adhere strictly to the safety guidelines set forth by our people and the manufacturer. We would love nothing more that to run the quads non-stop, but the safety of our guests is at the forefront of our minds. We would rather have you complain at us ALL THE TIME, than put anyone that comes and visits us in danger. Enjoy the fresh snow everyone.

Ross

Looks nice, I miss camelback (a bit)when I see pic's like that.