JF TR 2/24/10

JFBBMomski

First ever trail report, so here goes!

Beautiful day at JF today, despite the slightly overcast, somewhat foggy start to the day. The fresh snow made the crazy drive up the night before well worth the white knuckles. Spent the night at the Momski Chalet and got an early start. We made first tracks/chairs - a Momski first!

My friend and I were all over the mountain and the conditions did not disappoint on any run. Perfectly groomed trails and lots of fresh snow in the glades. Many figure eights were made! LOL! The bumps on Exhibition were perfect and we got a great show from the lift watching Ski Patrol run sled drills down the bumps.

We skied everything from Jane's Lane to Floyd's and back again. No Elevator, although I peered over the edge. Gulp. Most of the morning we had the runs to ourselves. For me, the run of the day was Challenge - went from perfectly groomed to nicely bumped and felt different each time. The trees were amazeballs. Very nice all around. JADIP!

We headed out around 1 PM to get home in time for the real world - kids off school bus. Can't wait to get back up for the snow this weekend. Looking forward to PASR day on Saturday.