Greek Peak - TR 2/27-28

johnnypowder

Ok, so if you are a park rat you probably can skip Greek Peak but for the rest of you, you have to get here sometime!

Obviously conditions just about everywhere are great with all this fresh snow and Greek Peak is no exception. The got 18"+ Friday and it snowed just about all day Saturday for an additional couple inches. Woke up today and it was snowing again. A few more inches on the ground overnight!

Greek peak has a little of everything for everyone. Some nice cruisers that will make you think you are in VT. Some great bump runs and my favorite - some great tree skiing. Full blown sanctioned tree skiing! And not just one place on the Mountain. There's at least 3 different areas where you can drop in and enjoy the trees.

I spent the weekend with my 13yr old, my 9yr old, and my wife and we all had terrain that kept us happy. My oldest and I did the trees while the youngest and wife skied some blues that paralleled the trees. We all met up on the way down. Every lift services at least one green, one blue, and one black so everyone can pick their own way down. It allows Dad to jump into the bumps for a run or two while the family chooses another way down. It is really difficult to find areas that allow all parts of the family to ride the same lift but ski their own ability level trails.

Oh, and don't get me started on the Hope Lake Lodge & Waterpark! The hotel is wonderful. The staff was friendly and eager to help. The rooms are more than comfortable and who doesn't like the Adirondak rustic style? Especially at a ski resort! The waterpark is not just for the kids. 4 water slides, a wave pool, and kiddie area but the best part is the indoor/outdoor heated pool and adjoining hot tub! Love being in a heated pool when it's snowing! Oh, and they sell beer and wine at the waterpark along with food!

Anyway, getting ready to get in the car and drive home but definitely plan on coming back!

-John

i have no idea why anyone would go to Elk when Greek Peak is only an hour farther...

Better snowmaking, grooming, trails, lodge, lifts, more vertical, bumps, better service, prices?....

GP is great when they have snow, and if you like the woods, but otherwise, Elk beats it hands down if you're talking snow sports and not water parks.

• Like 1

does it for me right there :rolleyes:

I love skiing at Elk too but as with most PA areas, you are pretty much skiing one fall line off of one peak.

At Greek Peak there are 3 different peaks with distinct fall lines. Definitely adds to the variety and changes up the terrain.