JF TR 3/14

C1erArt

Still some snow after the rain. Bumps on Floyds, Elevator right side is showing some raspberry stumps, but the left side is nice. C glade is skiable with some branches blown down. The main slopes are all fine with the exception of the lower Exhibition bumps as Barb mentioned yesterday. A couple of dozen people on the slopes.

Low 40s, just misting enough to bead up your goggles, occasional wind gusts but not bad. A couple of trees snapped off on the glades.

4432443060_97fdf1963a_o.jpg

Started to rain in earnest, I'm outta here.

I was there Friday and the coverage was still pretty deep and a lot of natural snow. How is it now? I won't get to JF till Tuesday, but plan on BB on Monday and was debating which skis to take (I'll probably end up taking my good skis and old skis).

Coverage was fine on Sunday morning, except for the bottom bumps of Exhibition. There were no chunks out or streams cutting through the slopes. Some refrozen slushy areas, but easily avoided. A lot of twigs and stuff on the trails from the high winds on Saturday. Don't know how the rain this morning affected things. Use your old skis if you want to ski the glades or Elevator. With the temps above freezing at night, the trails will be soft, so my groomer skis are retired for the year, and my rock skis are waxed up.

Didn't see any of the trail hazards they apparently saw over at Blue this weekend.