TR: park

Shadows

"what a beatiful view" joke youre probably not going to get.

DSCN9617.jpg

1st time there in like 5 years. took advantage of the alien deal. real nice but come on blue - youre wack.

got there a 130. met up wit blong and left ten minutes before 430. so not long at all but CB wears you down with these condtions.

it was stupidly hot. snow was terrible and slow. skating from lifts to trails and trails to lifts was unbearable really. thats why i left not cause i was over skiing, just too tired from all the slow ass snow. i forgot how much skating is involved at cb. although the triple was not open.

coverage was awesome. honestly. better then blue. i didnt do anything but park laps but it seemed pretty consistent throughout the mountain. except the huge meltage at the bottom of every lift.

DSCN9618.jpg

park was terrible but thats cause of the weather. i could see it being rather sick on a good day.

props on rails =

Rhodo:

got to kind of squint

DSCN9623.jpg

double barrel flat bar - melted lip but it was sick.

flat down box - its nice to hit a fd. blue doesnt have one and its lame. so simple yet so fun.

the dub kink - could be cool, didnt really session it. dimensions look weird but proportional at least. a little on the short side. actually a lot on the short side.

c box: ive never hit a non banked c box. makes you really learn how to grip an edge.

trail next to rhodo (up to the pipe intersection) starting here:

DSCN9621.jpg

i didnt really like anything in there honestly haha. get rid of ^those^ two rails. first one is too short/wide. second one is cool but kinda pointless.

the S box is nice though. pretty standard.

stuff straight after the s box:

double (maybe triple?) flat box line - LOVE it. one thing i enjoy is hitting the same feature in a line. one natural and one un natrual. progression is awesome.

jump after those boxes: terrible

rollers after that jump: awesome although if they were jumps mid season id have to see them.

down rail after rollers: really guys?

flat down box after rollers: whatever.

stuff to skiers right of S box:

first round down bar: could be nice if it was lower and a more defined urban setup. i dont like having to haul ass to hit a rail just because the lip is so high/far back. makes the rail seem shorter too.

the rail after that i didnt hit because it was melted out but i looks real nice. setup a little high for just a flat rail but whatever. nice piece to have in your park.

the rasta box: it was melted too but still hitable. i thoroughly enjoyed it. very nice and easy to spin on/off of. just a good box. plus its rasta

pipe: yea whatever guys. i wouldve liked to see it midseason but judging by that entire trail today, it probably wasnt much better.

DSCN9619.jpg

jumps

no pics. i didnt feel like stopping to take pics cause you need to keep your momentum.

they are small. biggest is like 35 ft... 45 if you want to be generous

like: its a line. and a STRAIGHT line at that. constructed well. second one actually seems like they were trying to make a stepover but couldnt quite get it. third one is like that too kinda. i could see the landings being super hard/flat midseason. today was soft as warm shit so it couldve been flat for all i care. didnt hurt.

didnt like: nothing really. i feel like both CB and blue have similar jumps. CB is just small. blue usually has bigger jumps. maybe not constructed as well as CB's jumps but bigger no less. so take your pic; big and weird at blue or small and good at CB.

the butter pad its legit too. just small. the pad is too short.

today was not good nor bad. it was blah.

oh and this thing as fun as hell. keystone has a double barrel rail which is nice but a box is fun too.

DSCN9620.jpg

Edited by AshyToClassy
  • Like 1

by the way. CB is the first place ive been to where features get worse after park crew touches them. everything was super soft today so really shouldnt have had any raking issues but when they ran through the park the end result was wavy as shit lips that were rock hard. it could just be the un even spreading of salt but the lips had straight WAVES in them

by the way. CB is the first place ive been to where features get worse after park crew touches them. everything was super soft today so really shouldnt have had any raking issues but when they ran through the park the end result was wavy as shit lips that were rock hard. it could just be the un even spreading of salt but the lips had straight WAVES in them

Were you rocking a bright blue shirt today? I was there from 2:30-6:30 thought I might have seen you.

i indeed was - well it was a hoodie wt 72 on the back. hot though so sometimes i rolled my sleeves. i was looking for you and ross but didnt know what anyone rides in. there was a cute ginger there today on a snowboard. i got a thing for red heads.

Edited by AshyToClassy

i indeed was - well it was a hoodie wt 72 on the back. hot though so sometimes i rolled my sleeves. i was looking for you and ross but didnt know what anyone rides in. there was a cute ginger there today on a snowboard. i got a thing for red heads.

Indeed there were a few nice females out there. I was behind you in line at the Stevenson once then apparently. I spent most my time on the Sully side though lapping the steeper trails to avoid any skating didn't go in the park because of that mess at the bottom.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

word, that wouldve been a better plan. shit was brutal.

They will have the park lift running on the weekends for sure so that mess wont be an issue if you decide to return.

Future reference I'm always in green pants black jacket mirrored goggles and pokerstars hat. Usually white rome graft board white bindings.

today was not good nor bad. it was blah.

this sums it up. just couldnt get into it with the ridiculous amount of skating. i actually ended up peacing right when u did, got back to my car to get the leftover mcdouble i had and i was like fuck this, my calves are killing me. as soon as the boots were off i just wasnt putting them back on

Ashy, I wish you came prior to that mess. The entire park has been re-pushed. It is very difficult to maintain in the rain haha. The pipe has been pretty good all season and we will be rebuilding it for the weekend. I was waiting for coldish night so it would set up for a cut.

Hope you had fun. Make sure you come check out our event on March 27.

oh i wasnt hating at at all man. i could definitely see the potential on good mid season days. i just wanted to get out for free and the weather isnt gonna be gettin any better for snow builds and such, plus its free. i understand the rain and warm temps. i actually thought the park was dope for how shitty the conditions were. blues park definitely looks way worse on days like today/yesterday. there was no one at CB though so that helped keep ruts down.

park was kickin today. the only thing i didnt like was the super skinny lip on the dfd and the flat down connection of boxes at the end of the rail park. Even though its way too short, i thought the down rail slid nice and was pretty fun.its the one from the summer setup righto? the jumps are way better then last season, although once they were raked and salted they got worse because they were raked with bumps in them and the salt just made the rollerish bumps on the lips impossible to grip. the lego is fun too, it actually has a landing unlike bears. over all had a very fun day. CBK has amazing coverage still.