Lodge Theory

moe ghoul

I was never there but I've skied that area extensively and I'm not quite sure where there properties are.

First I've never heard of Gravity bowl so its probably made up, Burnt Mtn is near Bakersfield which is roughly 10 miles south west of Jay Peak resort near Long trail state park.

Due to their elevation they must be in the small ridge area in-between Bakersfield and Montgomery Center. If you find Bakersfield on a map you'll see it sits on 108, just a little south 109 runs east/west through Belevedere and further east is 118. These roads form a rough boundary of the area they are talking about.

lodge.jpg

That's not exact and if they are making up names for shit it could be way off but I'm pretty sure that's were it is.

At that elevation its not really a bowl think more glacial depression, heavily wooded and probably lots of undergrowth.

My recollection is that GMC got its land from the state in return they had to allow unrestricted access to said land, I've never actually looked so I could be wrong but you could probably check it out without becoming a member. Regardless its not like there are people in the woods up there patrolling for renegade skiers.

The lodges though look cool maybe I'll see what the deal is with becoming a member.

I was never there but I've skied that area extensively and I'm not quite sure where there properties are.

First I've never heard of Gravity bowl so its probably made up, Burnt Mtn is near Bakersfield which is roughly 10 miles south west of Jay Peak resort near Long trail state park.

Due to their elevation they must be in the small ridge area in-between Bakersfield and Montgomery Center. If you find Bakersfield on a map you'll see it sits on 108, just a little south 109 runs east/west through Belevedere and further east is 118. These roads form a rough boundary of the area they are talking about.

lodge.jpg

That's not exact and if they are making up names for shit it could be way off but I'm pretty sure that's were it is.

At that elevation its not really a bowl think more glacial depression, heavily wooded and probably lots of undergrowth.

My recollection is that GMC got its land from the state in return they had to allow unrestricted access to said land, I've never actually looked so I could be wrong but you could probably check it out without becoming a member. Regardless its not like there are people in the woods up there patrolling for renegade skiers.

The lodges though look cool maybe I'll see what the deal is with becoming a member.

It almost sounds like they're right next to Jay from the property description on the site. I'm still trying to unravel the membership deal and the "work for powder" barter system.

It almost sounds like they're right next to Jay from the property description on the site. I'm still trying to unravel the membership deal and the "work for powder" barter system.

I'm pretty sure they aren't boarding Jay, one the area towards Little Jay is leased by the resort and has been part of a proposed expansion since 2004ish.

The other way down the ridge is Big Jay which has all kinds of access issues after some rednecks clear cut a section. I know for a fact that land is under strict state control because every once in awhile Jay gets in trouble for clearing trees over the size limit.

Jay sits on the Jay Ridge and in the other directions its pretty flat.