Freestyle Lessons

nodaysoff

Waddup people, new guy here.

This is my 3rd season snowboarding, just recently started messing around in the family park @ BC (mainly jumps). I was thinking about taking a freestyle lesson @ Bear on Tuesday nights since I ride alone most of the time and kind of feel like I need a little push on my progression. Has anyone taken a freestyle lesson @ Bear? Is it worth it? Would I be better off taking a lesson at another spot like Blue, JFBB, etc?

Thx in advance for any suggestions

Im a snowboard instructor and saying this as a freestyle rider not an instructor you are way better off taking one just for the simple fact that they know the correct way to do it and it will make your time in the park more enjoyable. You will learn things first rather than learning from falling. I would recommend taking one!

Im a snowboard instructor and saying this as a freestyle rider not an instructor you are way better off taking one just for the simple fact that they know the correct way to do it and it will make your time in the park more enjoyable. You will learn things first rather than learning from falling. I would recommend taking one!

Yeah I know what you mean with the falling part. Lol. I been watching videos(SBaddiction, etc) so I have a basic concept and understanding,just need the visual feedback. It seems like every week the lesson is focus on certain features, guess ill call and see what's up. Thanks

Yeah man, I've seen some of those scrubs ride park and IMO; You're better off riding with people from here or some friends from schoo instead of paying somebody to tell you "more speed" "land better"...as far as progressing bears family park is pretty well sized for learning, you should stay here...also enjoy a delicious handcrafted pizza in the trails end caf

definitely try and make some friends, i'm not sure about the snowboarding side of things but i took a freestyle ski lesson when i was like ten and it def. wasn't worth it to me. i learned more figuring things out on my own or asking kids in the park how to do it. skiing/snowboarding is repetition. just keep jumping and adjusting when things go wrong say your thrown onto your back lean forward a bit its all about learning from what you did wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like I am a day late and a dollar short for this conversation, since the Tuesday sessions are now finished for the season, but please allow me to add my $0.02 anyway. I make no claims about my freestyle ability, I am just an old fart who has been around the industry a long time.

First, some history:

Bear Creek hired me to be the Freestyle Coach in December of 2006. At that time, there wasn

It looks like I am a day late and a dollar short for this conversation, since the Tuesday sessions are now finished for the season, but please allow me to add my $0.02 anyway. I make no claims about my freestyle ability, I am just an old fart who has been around the industry a long time.

First, some history:

Bear Creek hired me to be the Freestyle Coach in December of 2006. At that time, there wasn

Well you learn something new everyday, I wasn't aware the instructors had to he specially trained and approved. I was under the impression that all instructors were eligible, My apologies.

Edit: phils a good dude so nobody short change him or his coaching. I wasn't calling you a scrub for the record, I was referring to the kids who lap the Parks in Instructor jackets who are often heard discussing their own awesome abilities.

Edited by JibHonk