Camelback 3/25

RootDKJ

Date(s) Skied: March 25, 2011

Resort or Ski Area: Camelback

Conditions: Bluebird, Packed powder, some death cookies

Trip Report: After reading that Camelback got 18" of snow the day earlier, Toast and I decided we'd meet up there for some AM turns. After a quick Long Trail Pollenator in the parking lot, we headed out. I thought there were a surprising number of cars in the parking lot for a Friday, but when you're the only place open, maybe not. Lift lines were less then 5 minutes.

Snow depths there are amazing for this time of year, at 12'-15' deep in parts. Unfortunately, anything that was untracked, had turned into boilerplate overnight. Conditions ranged from nice groomed packed powder to death cookies that would make Blue Mountain jealous. We pretty much skied the whole mountain by 12:30 and decided to call it for the day. Scuttlebutt on the lift was that they are thinking about opening next weekend also.

While unbooting in the parking lot, we met up with some of the Camelback regulars and discussed differences in safety techniques between Blue and CB. Gotta love parking lots.

IMG_0488.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0491.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

A big "Thank You" to Camelback for the Alien Day. If they open next Friday, I will take another day off of work to get in some April PA turns.

Nice pics, looks better than mid winter some seasons.

I Lol'ed at:

"Long Trail Pollenator in the parking lot": Totally have no clue what you are talking about, crazy code words here /s.

"12'-15' deep in parts" : 144-180" base = Siiiiick.

"we met up with some Camelback regulars and discussed differences in safety techniques between Blue and CB": Some of their safety techniques would likely get your ticket clipped... :)

Edited by setagehtta