Jack Frost - 12/14

JFskiDan

Met up with PC about 8:15 am on East Mountain. Snow makers put down quite a bit of fresh stuff last night. Challenge glade, E-glade and the Elevator all had real nice untracked snow in them. Challange glade was probably the run of the day as you could really fly through the trees. The snow held up really nice all through the day, making today number one day at Frost. They were blowing on lehigh and telstar/floyds/risk it all day. Skied until about 2 pm, with lighter than normal crowds for this weekend, i dont recall having to wait for a lift more than twice. We had PC's gopro out for a few runs so he might have some decent footage.

Challange glade, cell phone vid, so, beware, this may make you dizzy, or sea sick.

Not really sure WTF I managed to do but somehow the gopro footage got erased, or something. Like Dan said, Challenge glade, Elevator Glade, and Elevator all skied seriously well today. I brought out the obsethed for the first time and I am not sure if it was the skis, or the conditions, or a combination of both....but they are absolutely sick. Blasting down challenge glade faster than I ever remember doing it, threading the trees like race gates... Soooooo much fun!! Only had to work 2 hours today so I got to ski from 8-2 pretty much nonstop except for lunch. It was cold, but the conditions were just too damn good to stop. Other than days with fresh natural snow, I cant think of any day better that challenge glade skied. It seriously was great. It was real nice to be back out there on the slopes.....

Edited by phillycore
  • Like 1