Sunday River 12-21-12

Ride Delaware ?

I had off today and decided to go out to enjoy some of last nights freshies before the rain set in. Lifts open at 9 and I made it to the mountain at about 9:05, and got on the Chondola. It had snowed 3-4 inches overnight and was still snowing lightly as I got to mid mountain. It was getting fairly windy. Hit up Dream Maker several times before heading over to Aurora. Some sleet was mixing in and stinging the face. Top of Aurora was still an all out blizzard. Snow was wet. No lower elevation trees were open. Got manky and tracked out quick, but it was fun. Took 11 runs and called it a day at 12:15 when it started straight up raining. Took one pic on Road Runner. Changed from sleet to snow and then to rain. This was during the snow period. It's going to get frigid in the next couple days, and the guns will get fired up. Wasn't busy today, but it should be tomorrow. Busy holiday week is almost upon us...

EDD98DAB-426F-470B-AECD-6FB00031F63C-451

Looks like some sweet terrain. Is that a blue square?

Lol, it's a Green... It's basically a condo access trail...

Is it always empty there?

Weekends are busy so far, and holiday weeks will be too, but during the week we have so many peaks and lifts, that it's hardly crowded...