Scranton Celtic Festival on the Mountain this weekend!

KCSKI

Check it out..starts at 11am today...I'll be there takin' pics all day...looks like a huge crowd for the weekend !

Oops...forgot the dates..May 18/19, 2013.

Go to Montageisback.com/events for all pricing & schedule info.

Edited by KCSKI

Didn't expect to go up, but my girlfriend's family was in for her graduation and they wanted to go to the Celtic Festival, since I'm Irish myself I didn't mind and we went up on Sunday afternoon. It was a decent time. Some pretty fun bands played, and it was more fun than I expected. Honestly, it was a lot smaller festival than it had been in the past (we went a lot to it when it was held in wilkes-barre) and also, I wasn't really sure why Pirates were involved in certain booths.

I ended up getting prodded by my girlfriend's nearly 70 year old aunt to go on the zip line with her, and I must say it was awesome. I was skeptical at first, but that thing is a blast. Also, the fact that it's 10 bucks a ride, as opposed to 30 at Camelback is a great selling point. When you watch people zipping down from the base area it doesn't look like they are going that fast, but that's because they are just in the runout portion before the springs that stop you. The top of the line has got some serious speed to it. Definitely worth a trip up just for the price alone for any PASR's looking for summer fun.

The water park looked a hair small to me, but I guess I'm used to camelbeach. Also, they painted over almost everything that said "Sno" thankfully, and are doing a ton of work to make the place look great.