2/8/14

Schif

Went up for opening today, around 830 and had a spectacular day as usual. The weather was cold, but the sun felt good on my face and legs. Snow was squeaky as I walked across the base area after waiting for my friend to get a ticket, and was pretty fast as we took our first run down cannonball. The Alpine Tracker app clocked me in a 48.1 mph on that run and the rest of the day was pretty similar. Great groomed conditions all over the mountain. I tried to go in the woods off of upper Fast Track and at first I felt like I needed an Navy Ice Breaker ship to get me out of the predicament I was stuck in, i.e. crust on the dust, but in a secondary and tertiary and quaternary run, I had a lot of fun in the woods. There were a lot of tracks already through the trees, including a wide swath scratched out which actually made the woods very rideable. the only issue is that you couldn't really go off the beaten path, but I still had a great time in there. Lots of top to bottom runs like that today. Lots of fun cutovers from trail to trail were the same way, lending for much more tree riding than I initially thought.

Everywhere else it was all perfect edgeable and fast cord with the exception of Boomer which was half bumped and White Lightning which had been mowed down within the past 3 days and is starting to bump back up now, but they are a lot smaller than usual. I grabbed a few parking lot beers, one in the Lodge, and one in the car on the way home and had a fantastic Saturday.