2/17/14 - Nice

indiggio

Put in a half day at Blue yesterday, since full days on weekends leave lots of sh!t to get done...

At opening it was 10 at the summit to squeaky, fast snow. Titty sparkles could be seen on each lift ride.

Razors was groomed to perfection and very fast, as was Challenge and Dreamweaver.

Best trail still was Switchback with it's mix of natural and man-made and few skiers, made for an excellent carving extravaganza.

Chute bumps were big with lots of ice between. Barney's were hard, but fun and lappable.

Crowds were moderate, with early lines, but VIP was virtually empty. Doubles were packed.

Hopefully the warm-up this week won't do too much to spoil the conditions.

I was there yesterday too. Very nice indeed.

At 7:58 the 6 pack turnstyles opened. Got on first chair and then the lifties stopped it before it left the terminal for 2 minutes. WTF Blue?

Razors was the run of the morning. Switchback was a very close second.

• Like 1

But if stuff is closed they should have a rope across it. First time blue visitors prob see the run under the six pack as a regular trail. Almost every ski area has runs right under the lift except blue.

When I was in high school me and my friend skied a closed trail at camelback when there was a foot of new snow. Apparently the rangers(yellow jackets) saw us through binoculars and we had our tickets clipped. Watched a safety video and then received our tickets again. The whole ordeal had me SMH shaking my Herman!!!

No argument! Agree 100%, if they don't want people sliding it, rope it off!

Damn! The entire place would be strung with orange tape!

There are no signs that say you can't ski off piste, so they need to deal with it if they don't rope it off.

The mountain is also being hypocritical by providing glades, enticing people to ski the trees.