JF Saturday 3/8

Great morning at the slopes, started in the mid twenties and got up to 40, so things were nice and fast. No wind, bluebird skies, started to soften up as I was leaving. Did my usual Thunderbolt/Challenge then over to E Mtn and back again. The race kids mountain class had a race on Demattes, practice gates on half of Challenge. The groomers put a kicker up on the bumps at Exhibition for the contest tomorrow. Glades were a little scratchy and icy first thing in the morning.

The JF crew cleaned up pretty well from the cardboard classic yesterday, and the parking lot and lodge were a little empty - either everyone was out yesterday or end of the season burnout is starting.

Did a head to head test of Phresheez, Ski Tracks and Navionics Ski on runs down Floyds. Ski Tracks and Navionics were within 2 mph, but Phresheez was 10 mph less. I think Phresheez is pretty conservative since they have speed contests in the software, and JF might not be long enough for the GPS sample time.

Nice grooming on Challenge first thing in the morning:

photo1_zpscb02e217.jpg

The mountain class kids who lost the race - well we won't see them again. Over the side you go, matey...

photo2_zps0ddd1b2b.jpg

• Like 1

After a great Saturday morning, Sunday was less so. After it softened up Sat afternoon, and then froze Sat night, the grooming was minimal, with slick spots and piles of frozen granular. Did a couple of runs and headed back to check the maple sap taps in the back 40 (actually the back 3/4 acre). Maybe too much celebrating after the bump competition or end of the season wind down.