Montage making snow

Skiier14

• 2 weeks later...

I won't start a whole new thread for this, but Here is the final TR for the Montage 2013/2014 Season

3/23/14

Montage Mountain Resort

35 degrees Windy

Some sun, some clouds

Today was the last day of the year so I sucked it up and headed up to Montage around 1pm. I wanted to give it some time to soften up in the sun before I took my shoulder out for the first time in 2 weeks. Since I was feeling uneasy I took my first run up the Shuttle Lift and down Mainline. I was going very slow to see how it would feel. No pain, the nice thing about snowboarding I guess is that you don't need to use your arms much. Conditions were typical reconstituted freeze/thaw corn over ice. Coverage was fantastic though. Trails were edge to edge and fairly deep still.

At the end of the run I cruised across the base area and stopped to tie a bandanna around my neck because it was freezing out there. I was planning on just wearing a sweatshirt, but in the parking lot I ended up throwing on a down mid layer jacket, and my exposed neck was stinging after one run out there. So I headed down Lower Runaway from the base area, and conditions were the same as up top down there. Heavy traffic areas were a little slick, but not too bad. Next Run was down Cannonball, where conditions were more of the same.

I cruised the diamonds (didn't touch the doubles today) and lightning looked a little slick, I didn't see anyone on it the whole time I was there. I left after about 2 hours of solo slow cruising around the mountain. The Lot was about 1/4 full, and there were some day tickets in the crowd, not just Passholders. I debooted and drank a beer in the lot as I looked around and reflected on the first season of the all new Montage. I poured a little of the beverage out in the gravel that I know so well, and headed home.

• Like 5