magna traction

Timeless

burton definitely invented aluminum honeycomb cores. its rather lame.

mervin produces low end product in china.

burton boards are pressed in vermont, canada, and austria. i believe they too produce low end product in china. burton outwear is produced in asia, but whos isnt?

vapor is definitely overpriced. period.

also, i have heard that crinkle fry story and it may be true. however, it was a board designer not a rep.

I was always under the impression that mervin handmakes their boards in the USA. If they dont they are stright up lying in half of their advertising campagns.

and its not just me, talk to just about anyone in retail who does not deal with burton ...

Of coarse someone who doesn't sell burton is going to rag on them. They are probobly the biggest competition for ANY other board company. It's a lousy business practice to sing the praises of the company you are competing with.

Quite frankly I have a hard time believing ANYTHING reps or sales people have to say. They are good matching boarding style/ability to their particular line, but all they hear is marketing hype from the various reps. No thanks... It sucks you got pulled into the hype too.

In the end who really cares who invented what technology, or where it's made. If I can get the best board, at a resonable price thats the most important thing right?!?!?

yea i would be willing to bet that almost every company produces some aspect or model in another country for low wages. it is just a fact of life these days.

i choose burton because regaurdless of who they steal their tecnology from, they make high quality products at some what reasonable prices, and back it (well at least in my experience) with AMAZING customer service. the only other company i delt with who had better customer service was millenium three, and you see where they are today.

and i took a look at this magne traction technology, and i am not entirly sold on it yet. however, the theory behind all of it seems to make sense. id like to demo one to really know.

Edited by Jibophonic

big mis edit up top! i meant that burton definitely did not invent aluminum honeycomb! i agree wholeheartedly that thats a lie. its a ski technology stolen by sims stolen by every other board manufacturer.

yes, burton and mervin are definitely lying in their ad campaigns on these issues.

Edited by skitzo