Jack Frost Sunday Jan. 11

Mess

Looking forward to our first time out.  Heading up with my 7 year old so we will see how the day goes.  Will spend most of the day on the easy trails to work on stopping.  Hoping that he will progress to a hockey stop this year.  Will not have a chance to hit East Mountain.  Usually my Dad goes with us.  He takes my son for a break and I head over.  Maybe next time.

I had a great Day for my first time out.  We arrived at 8:20 and was more crowded than I expected.  Found out their were races and and ton of boy scouts on the mountain today.  It was pretty cold especially on the lifts.  Started our day on snowflake, powder puff and frosty.  After my son got a few runs in we went down ridge runner.  There were a few icy spots but overall a good trail.  He handled the trail but ended up falling when a snowboarder got to close to him.  I did not see it but heard the snowboarders laughing about it.  I was pissed but not like this guy 

My son decides he wants to do Lehigh and he struggled with the headwall and snow plowed down.  We took a break met up with some friends took a few more rides on the green terrain and then hit Easy rider.  The kids handled it great so we headed to exhibition and dematte's demise.  Demise was a sheet of ice but exhibition had great snow.  We lapped it and then after the kids were more comfortable went on thunderbolt.  Thunderbolt had a lot of icy patches.  Finished the day with a run down exhibition.  

I have never noticed that JF had bathrooms at the bottom of Exhibition near the lift.  It saved me today as the boy says I need to go now and I don't think he would have made it up the lift.

There were a ton of people skiing out of control today.  Saw one snowboarder fall and couldn't stop it reminded me of a speed boat crashing.