Pretty nice day today, Guitar73 was in the house and PC was back and forth with the instructor thing.  All the normal things you would expect.  Eglade is ok, elevator wont hold any snow.  Best snow was on exhibition, one park glade was holding snow pretty good, still a few rocks to be found.  Mad tree glade is actually pretty good.    

Stoke stomper for the day was all the trails closed for racing.  they are now closing solitude and floyds for the race team, which takes out telstar as well, so basically half of East Mt is closed so the spandex squad can do their thing.  As if that wasnt a kick in the ass, they also had Challenge closed, which takes out Challange glade, so just kick me in the nuts now.  It was a very busy Sunday.  To busy for them to have all those trails closed.  Sunday fail JFBB.  

So the big news is, celebrity weather person, and skiing sensation Cecily Tynan was taken off East Mt via toboggan by ski patrol.  Looks like she will be forecasting our next powder day sitting down, with some type of knee injury.   

• Like 1

Conditions deteriorated very quickly today especially on East mtn with basically only one way down. Elevator glade wasn't too bad but it was scraped off. The majority of Elevator just won't hold snow. I'm not expecting this to change any unless we get a early am warm up when the sun is over east mtn and than it snows. Otherwise no matter what we get is just going to slide straight to the bottom after whomever hits it first. Challenge glade should still be nice as noone could ski it today. It should be absolute money if we get snow from these storms. Exhibition was the best of the weekend by far.

Really hoping for some bumps to play on sooner than later.

Nice getting to ski with Mark and Dan today for a bit. Had a great kid in lesson as well today.....always feels good to help someone and see progression.

I had a great day at Jack Frost.  Was there from 8:30-1:30.  We started on Easy Rider and I was surprised how slow it was to get down snowflake.  With the wind blowing and the snow sticking, I stopped 3 times in the middle of the trail because I couldn't pick up enough speed.  We headed to Jane and Lehigh which had decent snow but as mentioned above the good snow was pushed off the trail pretty quickly especially on the headwalls because of people snow plowing down the mountain.  Exhibition and Demise were a lot of fun.  The best snow was from lift pole to lift pole in the middle of the run.  a few soft bumps started to form and no ice to be found.  Thunderbolt looked like it was not groomed by the time I got to it at 10:00.  It was a lot of fun.  Lapped it most of the day since so many trails were closed for racing.  I went to East Mountain when my son went in for a break.  It was very crowded with people who didn't belong there.  I saw one guy take of his skis and slide down on his butt.  

Overall a great day especially when the sun came out and the wind died down.  I saw more people sliding and walking down the mountain than I ever ever seen.  I also saw a bunch of yard sale falls.The snow patrol seemed very busy today.